San Bernardino Police feed broadcasting tac talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

So is someone required to be at the feed broadcast control point 24/7 monitoring it as long as the station being broadcast meets the terms of service?

This thread sounds more like someone's personal war on feeds.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
So is someone required to be at the feed broadcast control point 24/7 monitoring it as long as the station being broadcast meets the terms of service?

This thread sounds more like someone's personal war on feeds.

You do know how to program a scanner, right? Stuff you can't broadcast is locked out. Seems pretty straightforward.

baybum

Many times the TAC will take over the main patrol channel, and the patrol units are switched to another channel. If the feed provider is not there, he can't lock it out

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Many times the TAC will take over the main patrol channel, and the patrol units are switched to another channel. If the feed provider is not there, he can't lock it out

Yeah, I understand that. It was clear based on the context of the conversation and the referencing of channel 5 that they were no longer on primary.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
That's exactly what they did ... they were just discussing it on the feed.

No, that was a discussion about whether they were using their primary or secondary dispatch talk group. Since 1 & 2 are both dispatch it's not related to what I'm talking about.

SCPD

QRT
PULL IT DOWN NOW!! This is a fluid situation and don't want to give suspects any heads up.

Stop the streaming!

SCPD

QRT
There is a pusuit and they are steps ahead of LE according to media. Gee if so I wonder why.

phillydjdan

Wouldn't be the first time RR let a TOS violation get swept under the rug due to the amount of listeners. The violator will get a gift card also. I hope one day law enforcement does something about it...

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Why is it that the people who listen to the feed want to shut the feed down. I suppose they should just ban scanner sales so no one can hear what they are doing. Geesh! If the feed helped the crooks so much then why did they get caught? Surprises me I don't get complaints about "Broadcast Locked out" on my feed, but hey that is the TOS for RR.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Wouldn't be the first time RR let a TOS violation get swept under the rug due to the amount of listeners. The violator will get a gift card also. I hope one day law enforcement does something about it...

Yeah they will, encrypt everything from dawn to daylight!!

br0adband

128,000+ listeners, geez. Never thought I'd see a stream pulling in that kind of connections. Expecting any kind of real-time censorship in such a situation is beyond realistic: they're spitting out information on all channels that would normally NOT be ok to broadcast so, they're doing the best they can given the circumstances.

It's easy to sit in front of a scanner or computer monitoring such streams or whatever anyplace else in the world and complain about things, it's an entirely different one to be someone that's featured on said streams, especially someone that might be under fire.

From how I interpret the following:

If a routine dispatch or special events channel or talkgroup happens to have communications such as tactical, tac, car-to-car, NCIC, records, detectives, swat, SRT, and supervisors then that is OK and is not subject to our terms of service.

that applies here directly in today's situation: the traditional dispatch channels (Dispatch 1 and 2 that I'm aware of so far, potentially 3 and 4 as well, and I know for sure 5 at this time) are being utilized for ALL types of traffic as required including those types mentioned in that quote above taken from the post on TOS clarifications by Lindsay himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.