Anyone In Mayes County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Does anyone live in Mayes County? I am moving there and am wanting to know if the database is correct? I am moving to Pryor and found several unidentified frequencies that are not listed including some agencies that might have gone with DMR. Also I noticed 800mhz antennas on most all Mayes SO units but found no talk groups for Mayes SO? Are they using the 800 to talk to Pryor? Any info will greatly appreciated. I will post new frequencies and tones when I find them. I'm looking forward to scanning Mayes County.

fast2okc

Database Admin
Mayes Co

I believe most public safety communication in Mayes County is on OKWIN. We've just never had anyone who could confirm the talkgroups.

When I do get up that way (which is not often), I hear a lot of traffic on as yet unidentified talkgroups.

I am very interested in what you will be hearing on the Pryor site.

KX5MOT

I'm not seeing a license in Mayes county for anything on 468.2625 but last time I was up there most stuff was on OKWIN as pointed out above.

marshall58

I've looked also and in my old notes too and didn't find any thing. It not a lot of activity. Everything I've heard all been related to Mayes County SO and locations in Mayes County.

peterjmag

I didn't see any UHF antennas on any vehicles but I will check. So far I have found a few VHF and 800 frequencies that are new and not in the DB. Here they are so far...

Mayes SO 155.565 and Locust Grove FD 155.655 possibly upgrading to DMR according to new emissions?
Pryor FD WPVL863 155.9475? Is this used instead of 154.25?
Adair FD WQRG473 151.4375?
Salina FD WQOV590 854.0625?

Any ideas?

I will also monitor OKWIN with a digital scanner so I'm sure there will be more talk groups to come.

peterjmag

Yeah I have seen them with the UHF as well. I think they might be used to talk to Claremore? I have noticed some Mayes units also have 800 as well.

The big finding since moving to Pryor is the fire department.

If the fire or medical call is received by Mayes 911 then they tone out Pryor FD on 155.175

If the City of Pryor pages them out it's on 155.9475 and that tower is located on the water tower just north of the high school.

Pryor FD then goes en route and has ops on OKWIN 800 Talkgroup 63984.

Mayes EM has storm watch on 158.85 and uses their digital OKWIN 17040 as well.

They also use OKWIN SEMA-5 42896 to talk to NWS Tulsa and State EOC.

I'll post more as I receive and learn it.

peterjmag

Marshall,
I'm wondering if you are hearing one side of the conversation or both. The reason why I ask is that frequencies that begin with 468.0000 tend to be inputs to repeaters of 463.0000. Can you advise is the transmissions sound simplex or car to car? Thanks...

Bart,
Depending where they are when transmitting but I have heard Mayes EM on their digital TG 17040 on the Tulsa site many times last spring. I have also heard them talk to NWS Tulsa on SEMA-5 42896 during events last spring as well.

marshall58

I did notice that also awhile back. Not sure what the deal is and also search the DB and the FCC DB. The only reason I found it was there is a officer lives in my community and I was close to him on more than one occasion with my close call picked him up, so I began to listen to the Freq. I hear both side When they us UHF. I did hear them yesterday on it. Never heard anything on the 463 side yet.

peterjmag

I have submitted several corrections to the database for Pryor and Mayes County.

Pryor Fire is dispatched either by Mayes County 911 on 155.175 or by the PD on 800 simulcast with 8 Call 155.9475

8 Call is used to talk mutual aid with all the other fire agencies in the area.

peterjmag

Found Salina FD's "800 Side" it's WQOV590 854.0625 P25 NAC 293 in the clear. Enjoy...

Also Forestry in Mayes county operates on the Rose, Oklahoma tower on 159.39 PL 77.0 They were very busy in helping with all the wild fires today.

Last edited:

peterjmag

GRDA still uses their old UHF frequencies (453.375,453.475) which they call low band, for car to car chat. They also have a tactical on OKWIN in addition to their analog main side but I'm pretty sure the tactical is digital and encrypted.

Bobster_rulez

mayes county

so what happened to mcso?
I went up to visit some friends and last time I was there I was getting lots of their calls and now sounded like
gibberish?
Anyone know anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.