BCD436HP Specification Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWare

Feed Provider
Currently, I own a BCD396XT that I keep in my vehicle most of the time. I'm strongly considering purchasing the BCD436HP as a Christmas gift to myself.

The BCD396XT has a few limits that I've had to deal with over the years, specifically the 20 groups and 500 talk groups per system.

I haven't been able to find documentation of the limits on the BCD436HP. Can someone share the limits of the BCD436HP.

MStep

Currently, I own a BCD396XT that I keep in my vehicle most of the time. I'm strongly considering purchasing the BCD436HP as a Christmas gift to myself.

The BCD396XT has a few limits that I've had to deal with over the years, specifically the 20 groups and 500 talk groups per system.

I haven't been able to find documentation of the limits on the BCD436HP. Can someone share the limits of the BCD436HP.

Without getting involved in the question of limits, I just want to say that I bring the 436 with me whenever I drive, and it performs very well sitting in the center cup holder with the stock antenna. Of course, I live in midtown Manhattan, and most of the stuff I listen to is high power PD, FD and NYC trunked frequencies. But it's a great unit if you don't want to permanently mount something and while it's a good size to hold, it does fit into my sports-jacket inner pocket with no problem.

DougWare

Feed Provider
Without getting involved in the question of limits, I just want to say that I bring the 436 with me whenever I drive, and it performs very well sitting in the center cup holder with the stock antenna. Of course, I live in midtown Manhattan, and most of the stuff I listen to is high power PD, FD and NYC trunked frequencies. But it's a great unit if you don't want to permanently mount something and while it's a good size to hold, it does fit into my sports-jacket inner pocket with no problem.

I have one of these:
Button and Belt Clip Holder (Small) - ProClip USA

Mounted to my car using:
Kia Soul 2009-2013 ProClip Angled Mount - ProClip USA

It works great!

On top of that, I have this mount which has a side in mount for my Nexus 6 phablet, that I use for navigation, podcast listening and primarily for Torque ODBII monitoring.

Kia Soul 2010-2013 ProClip Center Mount - ProClip USA

They are not cheap, but they are super easy to install and look great without having to modify anything.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.