DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattnelson26

Feed Provider
Hello i was wondering if there is a way to make the dsd+ event log screen bigger?

thanks,
matt

Attachments

• 639b7c86da027adb809cf376f1db650e.png
    639b7c86da027adb809cf376f1db650e.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 701

BM82557

Include the -wes parm in however you start DSDPlus -

from the help file -

-wel<v>.<h> Event log window location [50.50]
-wes<h>.<w> Event log window size (min ?) [400.500]
-weh<num> Event log window font height [15]

the default size is 400.500, increase to whatever suits you.

br0adband

What BM82557 just shared with you is the command line parameter aka "switch" that you need to add or create as part of a shortcut to starting DSD+. If you traditionally start the program by double-clicking on the DSDPlus.EXE file then this will be somewhat different. You need to create a shortcut for the program to start it and you can do that by right-clicking on the DSDPlus.EXE file and choose "Create shortcut" on the dialogue menu that appears. You'll then find a "DSDPlus.EXE - Shortcut" file in the same directory - this is what you'll be using to start DSD+ with the command line parameter/switch mentioned above.

Say you wanted that Event Log window to be 600 pixels tall and 700 pixels wide - to do this you need to then find that "DSDPlus.EXE - Shortcut" file, right click on that itself and choose Properties and then in the Target box you need to add the following:

- a space after the last E
- -wes600.700

That's a space followed by -wes600(period)700

Note that there is no space after the -west and it's a period or dot between the width and the height resolution - I chose 600 pixels wide by 700 pixels tall and you can see the results in this screenshot:

So the full command would look something like this (this is just an example, mind you, as my DSD+ install is located on a second partition, D:

D:\DSDPlus1p074\DSDPlus.EXE -wes600.700

and that results in the display shown in the screenshot which shows the Event Log window much larger than the default of 400.500 (400 pixels wide by 500 pixels tall).

Not too difficult to figure it out, you just need to create the shortcut and add the -wes(horizontal_pixels).(vertical_pixels) parameter. You may already have a shortcut with other parameters, I don't know, but this is one way to get started using them since DSD+ offers a wealth of customization using command line parameters.

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.