MICCOM DMR Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

Myself and another member figured out the channel being used by St Clare's units (500-series). Does MICCOM use DMR on any of their other coverage territories?

It's not part of OneVoice or TRBOCOM. The channel appears to be stand-alone, and it's also shared by Atlantic EMS & the BLS units that operate out of Hackettstown (that cover Mt. Olive during the day, etc)...

res5cue

You found the frequency or talk group ? Can you hear them? I think the use dmr for medevac at times

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

W2SJW

Database Admin
I have the frequency, multiple TG's that use that frequency across both slots & the three agencies that use them (as stated above). What I was inquiring about was if they use DMR on any of their eastern operations areas (Bergen & Passaic).

This was so I would know whether to stop looking for any other channels that might be used by them in that mode. No medevac was heard at all - this is just St. Clare's operations.

W2SJW

Database Admin
This frequency appears to be for the Morris & Warren areas, so anywhere else, YMMV.

463.850 - CC=8

MICCOM St. Clare's - TG 10005000 - TS1
Atlantic EMS - TG 16000000 - TS2
Hackettstown RMC EMS - TG 11002000 - TS2

I hear Atlantic units at Overlook, so I'm not sure if the channel is linked to other repeaters on other frequencies via IP SiteConnect, or if there are numerous sites on that specific frequency.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Deleted - incorrect info!

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
This frequency appears to be for the Morris & Warren areas, so anywhere else, YMMV.

463.850 - CC=8

MICCOM St. Clare's - TG 10005000 - TS1
Atlantic EMS - TG 16000000 - TS2
Hackettstown RMC EMS - TG 11002000 - TS2

I hear Atlantic units at Overlook, so I'm not sure if the channel is linked to other repeaters on other frequencies via IP SiteConnect, or if there are numerous sites on that specific frequency.

It looks like their under the license WPQD938. There are a couple other frequencies with MotoTRBO voice emissions. Namely 463.8500 (already known) 464.2375 464.2625 for repeaters. 468.8500 469.2375 469.2625 for mobiles.

I'm not hearing anything on 463.8500 with the information supplied above. Maybe I'm missing something. Is it possible they're using a Capacity Plus system instead of a regular digital channel? Maybe it's just slow when I'm listening.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Not showing any TRS data in the bottom of the window of DSD+. Other guys have shown me how a Cap+ or Con+ system would show up in the lower left corner due to the sub-audible data.

In the evenings, the channel gets really quiet. It appears the Atlantic & HRMC units are only on it during the day.

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
My CS750 + SDR dongles & DSD+

Are you receiving transmissions over the CS750 or only over the SDR & DSD+? I have a receiver programmed but am not hearing anyone keyup. I'm thinking the group (talkgroup) isn't correct on my end. Do you have any alternate group ID's show up?

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Are you receiving transmissions over the CS750 or only over the SDR & DSD+? I have a receiver programmed but am not hearing anyone keyup. I'm thinking the group (talkgroup) isn't correct on my end. Do you have any alternate group ID's show up?

Both, but more so on my 750 (easier to listen around the house vs. being tied to my desktop PC!). I was listening this morning around 7:15 and heard MICCOM units a few times, so it's definitely active here in the Warren County area...

KC2JS

Feed Provider
I can confirm Scott's info. I am hearing MICCOM in Central/South Hunterdon on a 750 just fine. Nothing heard on the Atlantic/HMC TGs, but they may only be in use weekdays.

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
So I fixed one problem I had. Now I'm getting activity on the channel however it's not unmuting audio. When I turn permanent monitor it displays "Channel Busy" which confirms the channel is programmed correctly. I'm trying to input different kinds of calls and various group call numbers with no luck. Is there some kind of conversion that needs to be done from the TG # out of DSD+ into a Motorola radio. An example is how Uniden reads P25 talkgroups in decimal and Motorola reads it in hex.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I can't help you at all with a Motorola radio. I inputted the TGID's into my 750 just as I posted them here (and that's how they read out in DSD+).

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the conformation. My radio works great at my place of employment which has a nearly identical setup. I don't know why I'm having such an issue with receiving MICCOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.