Mercer County NJ - Local Freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
NJ Mercer County Listeners,

I just completed a DB update for Mercer County NJ from a submission. With a number of municipalities' EMS, FD and some Police switching to the Mercer Co. P25 Trunk System there remains some frequencies allocated to the towns themselves. I did not delete them (as suggested by the submitter) but marked them "depreciated".

Need a little help here to determine if these "local" frequencies are still in use (though some may be now be rarely used) especially if they are now regulated to local use and / or for back up of the trunk system. I am to far away to monitor myself, so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Max :cool:

Septa3371CSX1

Was up that way yesterday and Hopewell's 453.375 is still active. Not sure if it is a TRS simulcast or a back up channel but it was definitely in use yesterday with the 103.5 PL. Couldn't tell exactly what the activity on it was.

Analogrules

I will be traveling through Mercer County later this month and was just going to ask for clarification regarding which conventional frequencies are truly deprecated. I was especially interested in the towns that Rt. 130 goes through such as Robbinsville, and the Windsors. It appears that the conventional PD channels for many of these towns are still used, but FD/EMS has moved to the P25 system. Does this mean that 154.430 is also deprecated or are all initial dispatch pages still on 154.430?

Also, I was told in the past by some other users on here that the 500 MHz band needs to be cleared out by 2020. Therefore, why would they build a new P25 system in this band?? I am also assuming none of these towns will be joining NJICS and have no plans on doing so.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... 154.430 pl 103.5 is fire/EMS dispatch only... all other fire and ambulance is on TRS SR-1, ER-1. NR-1 and countywide (Highway incidents)... the only police that use the TRS are Lawrence and Hopewell, everyone else like Hamilton, Robbinsville, Princeton and the Windsor's are as listed using the old UHF... I guess the reason they started a 500 TRS just as everyone else was moving their 500 systems to 800 P2 is poor planning and typical government incompetence, can't really think of anything else but the fact that the rest of the county won't switch over to it has something to do with that... the Sheriff uses the new TRS but it's encrypted... Ewing has been on it's own p25 digital system for years now and that too is encrypted, hope that helps... Bob...

robbinsj2

Ewing's former system has been rolled into the county system and no longer exists. The county's system has been in the planning for many years, and was already under construction (albeit at a very slow pace to start with) by the time the UHF-T plan came out a few (several?) years ago. I don't think there has been sufficient 800MHz spectrum for this-sized trunked system in quite some time unless Trenton moves and Mercer can take those channels, even then there could be separation requirements interfering with building out the whole county. 700MHz is another matter.

kdean7

Anyone familiar with the talk groups that are now shown on the RR db? I hear that 419 is used by station 43 and see 418 with radio ID's from what appears to be station 45. I know that 411,414,416,418, and 419 are all talkgroups where activity has occurred but no idea on what they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.