PROVOICE Upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Buying provoice upgrade.

Hello.

How can I buy the PROVOICE Upgrade without registering my scanner for it, because all my e-mail accounts are messed up...Is there an easier way where I can just enter in my credit card information?

Tjanks Sheldon.

MStep

Hello.

How can I buy the PROVOICE Upgrade without registering my scanner for it, because all my e-mail accounts are messed up...Is there an easier way where I can just enter in my credit card information?

Tjanks Sheldon.

It takes about 3 minutes to set up a quickie Hotmail account. You have to register the scanner so that the registration program can provide you with the key you need to unlock Provoice. You have to input you unit's serial number, ESN number and Checksum. It takes about a minute to compute the key for your scanner, after you have entered your credit card information.

The key appears right on the registration site--- as a backup it is also sent to your email account along with a receipt for your payment.

As long as you put in some email address, the key will be generated right on the site---- you don't have to wait to get it through email, but spend the extra 3 minutes to set up a quickie Hotmail account.

se

EMAIL ACCOUNTS.

I have a Windows Live Mail account but it only seems to work on my previous version of Windows 7 Home Premium. But I upgraded to Windows 10 Home and Im sticking with it.

Sheldon.

Voyager

You're sticking with something that doesn't work? I guess you're ok with the consequences that follow then, so problem solved. :D

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
This will sound like a stupid question i know, but where do i go to buy the Provoice upgrade? I want to do that when this comes out, but don`t know where i`m supposed to go to get it. Sorry for what i`m sure is a stupid question :). N9NRA

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I have a Windows Live Mail account but it only seems to work on my previous version of Windows 7 Home Premium. But I upgraded to Windows 10 Home and Im sticking with it.

Sorry to get off topic... Windows Live Mail works fine on my Windows 10 Pro installation.

Good luck with your Provoice upgrade. Mine worked great!

muchomorek

Premium Subscriber

Sheldon.

On windows 10 you have to login in to https:// www.outlook.com. M$ renamed it from live mail to outlook.com

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Or you could grab a Gmail account, or you could grab a Yahoo account, or you could get an iCloud account... There's literally dozens of entities making free email accounts available.

se

I have a GMAIL account now but things are still screwing up in terms of registering this, that and the other thing. I wish we didnt have to register to buy the Provoice upgrade.

Sheldon.

se

Hello Paul.

When I tried to order the PROVOICE Upgrade today by phone I was on hold for a half hour until a Uniden person finally answered and said I have to do the ordering online at Unidens website. But When I try to oder it that way, the registration process for this, that and the other thing is just a big hassle for me.....Would Uniden come up with another way for those who are having problems like mine with ordering?

Thanks Sheldon.

se

IDEA?

Paul.

Or how about this? Why not make it possible to login to the Uniden site from Radioreference for paid software upgrades and such?

Sheldon.

MStep

Hello Paul.

When I tried to order the PROVOICE Upgrade today by phone I was on hold for a half hour until a Uniden person finally answered and said I have to do the ordering online at Unidens website. But When I try to oder it that way, the registration process for this, that and the other thing is just a big hassle for me.....Would Uniden come up with another way for those who are having problems like mine with ordering?

Thanks Sheldon.

The Uniden registration site is pretty straight forward, although it does involve the input of many alphanumeric characters in order to generate the key for your specific radio. I believe that there would be much more confusion is this were done with a person over the phone than it is on the registration site.

You need three key pieces of information--- the serial number that is printed on the back of the radio, the ESN which is generated on one of the menu pages of your scanner as a second serial number, along with the checksum which is found on the same page.

After you pay your fee, an algorithm is generated to create your unique input code to unlock the Provoice function within your radio.

I found this much easier to do with my 436, as I had the radio right in front on me; with the 536, which was not in front of me, I had to write down all the information and make sure I copied it correctly into the registration screen. Agreed that the whole process if very tedious---- Uniden has gone to extreme lengths to make certain that it would not be feasible to circumvent the system.

In addition, your key is saved on your registration page and is also emailed to you. I can imagine all the confusion with the amount of information which has to be exchanged if you were doing this with a person on the other end of the line.

I have been critical of Uniden in many respects; as far as the registration process is concerned, they are doing it the right way.

P.S. Incidentally, I had several of our compatriots here on the forums asking if I would please send them my unlock key. They were obviously diluted in their thinking, believing that my code would unlock their radios. Can't happen. Each unlock code is unique.

Others have asked for my full information--- serial number, ESN, checksum and unlock key--- these folks are apparently trying to reverse engineer Uniden's algorithm. You should not share this information with others. The 49.99 price is very reasonable and to circumvent the payment would discourage Uniden from developing any additional digital decoders.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Why is it "a big hassle"? What problems are you having?

You literally put in your ESN and checksum, then click to purchase the key, then put in your credit card info. Which part is causing problems?

Voyager

How else can Uniden get your ESN to generate the key?

Or do you think they should have released another higher-priced model and included it for everyone?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber

Voyager

Odd that it uses the exact same process as the HomePatrol Extreme update and that's been running fine for several years.

Voyager

Per UPMan, their Customer Service should be able to process it, too, but likely they don't know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.