DRPA ProVoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Hearing PATCO PD on the DRPA EDACS but not hearing anything else. Are the bridge TGIDs encrypted? Can someone confirm?

camco911

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the new new upgrade on the BC 436/536 to hear ProVovice? How well does it work?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Affirm. Sounds like P25 to the naked ear. Would a TGID pop up briefly on an encrypted provoice transmission?

W2SJW

Database Admin
On P25, it does that for a split second. On Phase-II there is no blanking at all on encrypted transmissions. I would assume that the FDMA-style of operation that ProVoice is would cause the 436 to behave like you just noticed.

All the bridge PD's are encrypted...

Last edited:

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
The talkgroups on RR are incorrect. The DRPA bridge police currently use TAC 1 (1121) and TAC 2 (1122) for communications and they are not encrypted. And it's not PATCO police anymore. It's DRPA Transit Police.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I expect to see a whole bunch of updates in the next few weeks with all the people that bought that upgrade! For me up here in Warren County, too little, too late. Nothing in range that's not scheduled for P25 upgrades make that a waste of $50.

I'll pay $100 to get DMR, though!

Monoxide16

Anyone catch this Tag 1129? It was on the DRPA TRS and someone called into radio dispatch saying going to cooper. But sounds like bridge maintenance

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Since GID 1128 is the DRPA Police Transit Unit maybe GID 1129 is their secondary channel? They did mention PATCO's Woodcrest station. For anyone that doesn't know the DRPA Police Transit Unit took over PATCO Police a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.