HP-2: homepatro2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhunt7

just bought a homepatro2 yesterday can pick up analog but all digital channels all lock nothing comes up to down load up dates please help

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I moved your post here and gave it a HP-2 prefix for better visibility...as opposed to the scanner software forum where you posted it.

WQPW689

just bought a homepatro2 yesterday can pick up analog but all digital channels all lock nothing comes up to down load up dates please help

We're going to need a little more information than this.

Do you have Home Patrol Sentinel installed on your computer? Does your computer recognize the scanner when it's connected? Did you update the database through HP Sentinel? Are you scanning by location only (zip code) or do you have favorite's lists set up? Do you have the correct Service Types on for what you're looking to scan?

Fill in some of the blanks and you should find plenty of help here.

bowhunt7

yes i have home patrol instllled yes it recogize it i put in dc mode uniden sent me link i updated the data base have newest virson by zip code i went in punched what wanted

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
yes i have home patrol instllled yes it recogize it i put in dc mode uniden sent me link i updated the data base have newest virson by zip code i went in punched what wanted

You're still being too ambiguous and vague about your problem. For example, what exactly does "all digital channels all lock" or "I went in punched what wanted" mean? If you relax and take the time to explain your problem and how your HP-2 is configured more precisely and in greater detail, I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

ansky

Try using punctuation. That might help us understand what the heck you're talking about.

bowhunt7

im sorry i dont no all the punctuation im disable since 1983 all i do is stay in the house except doctors apponitrnet the scanner was a lot of help the money i paid was about half of what i get a month so ill try returing it thank for trying robert clay

WQPW689

im sorry i dont no all the punctuation im disable since 1983 all i do is stay in the house except doctors apponitrnet the scanner was a lot of help the money i paid was about half of what i get a month so ill try returing it thank for trying robert clay

Why don't you tell us the area you're located and what you're trying to scan?

bowhunt7

thanks for your reply.my zip code is 25506 branchland wv im wanting to get police.fire and ambulance all the above went digital thank

WQPW689

It looks like Lincoln County runs all the Public Safety in your area. A lot of it on WV SIRN, some local VHF/UHF. There should be no problem with your HP2 to pick this stuff up, barring inadequate antenna issues, even the APCO Phase 1. You indicated above you updated the database and entered the zip code.For Police/Fire/EMS, it looks like you need the following Service Types active in the menu:

Law Dispatch
Fire Dispatch
Fire-Tac
Fire-Talk
Multi-Tac
Emergency Ops

Here are the the database links for your reference on LIncoln County and SIRN:

Lincoln County, West Virginia (WV) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN) Trunking System, Statewide, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

If you've already done this, it might be an antenna suitability issue or even hardware problems. That'll lead to a whole different approach, but I hope this can help you.

Let us know.

Edit: Looking things over, use the Law Talk and Law Tac Service Types also. WV State Police use them and I'm sure they're somewhere near around you.

Last edited:

bowhunt7

thanks for trying to help but these are antilog chanels our police and fire went digital ill try and return it to seller all channels are locked wont borther you again

bowhunt7

if anyone that can help me get my home patrol e working ill give them 40 dollars pay pal wont pick up digatal channels the channels has a lock that is closed thanks robert clay leave message and ill give you my phone number

Voyager

thanks for trying to help but these are antilog chanels our police and fire went digital ill try and return it to seller all channels are locked wont borther you again

I believe SIRN (the second link) is digital-only (P25), and not analog.

Have you tried selecting all the Service Types then loading your scanner via entering your zip code? That should pull in the digital channel as well.

WQPW689

There's something wrong here. WV SIRN is entirely digital modulation, APCO 25 Phase 1. It lists 10 Lincoln County talkgroups. The WVSP should have tg's in the area. The database has been continually updated 30 times since October 1st by admins, so somebody is listening to this stuff. There doesn't seem to be any reason a properly updated Sentinel DB shouldn't be picking this up.

Now that said, there's a blurb under miscellaneous info that says "This is a 9600 CC Baud Digital Trunking System". Is it possible some sort of setting has to be changed to pick this up? I've gone through the menu in my HP2 and can't find anything of this nature.

WQPW689

One quick question to bowhunt. Have you gone into the menu under "Manage Favorite Lists" > "Select Database to Monitor" > "Only Full Database"?

This should import all the listings in your zip code area.

WQPW689

I sent a PM to the WV DB Admin and he was kind enough to reply, that in his opinion, simply entering the zip code into a Home Patrol 2 should be enough to pick up the systems. So the 9600 baud thing should not matter.

At his suggestion here's a couple of links if bowhunt7 would like to peruse them while we're chewing on this thing:

HomePatrolSentinel < HomePatrol < TWiki

Easier to Read HomePatrol-1/HP-2 Digitall Scanner and Sentinel Manual

Perhaps bowhunt should check his version of Home Patrol Sentinel on his computer first.

marksmith

I have monitored WV SIRN on my HP2 while traveling up I-70 in Maryland. It is a strong phase 1 system you should have no trouble receiving on the HP2 barring location/antenna issues.

I don't use zip code method but have programmed it in a favorites list with all service types on.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Robert, are you in the mountains? Is it possible your scanner is in a bad location and just not getting a signal? Try moving the scanner around your home or even you room a little, if you haven't already.

I don't know if this will help your problem, but don't give up yet!

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
if anyone that can help me get my home patrol e working ill give them 40 dollars pay pal wont pick up digatal channels the channels has a lock that is closed thanks robert clay leave message and ill give you my phone number

What exactly does "the channels has a lock that is closed" mean??? Are they permanently avoided in your HP-2? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.