Pro-651: back light issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronw

Premium Subscriber
does any one know how to set the backlight to turn on automatically when a frequencie comes up on a pro651 police scanner. it should turn off automatically also. could of swore i read this was possible somewhere. any help would be appreciated.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Edit the individual frequency or frequencies so that the Blacklight setting is turned On.

ronw

Premium Subscriber
how do you edit frequencies on a pro106 or pro651 to make back light come on when a frequency comes up, and goes out until next fequency comes up. any help appreciated.

ronw

Premium Subscriber
i use arc 500 to program and inter frequencies and id s. iknow how to manually enter or remove frequencies.but idont understand the part about editing the frequencies to make the backlight work as in my previous post. i dont see any thing in the manual or marke scanner that gives me any idea how to make this work. its not like iam new to this. ive programed a number of gre scanners for friends. and have learned alot from trial and error, as well as mmarks scanners among others.iam trying to do this for afriend.at any rate this is an on going education.contiually learning about this hobby.thanks for any help its appreciated and iam not to proud to learn.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
In these line of scanners there is no global setting that I am aware of that will do what you want to do. It's still possible to do, but it requires you to change the 'Backlight' setting to 'On' for each and every frequency you have programmed.

I do not have ARC500 so I can only guess at where it might be. I would imagine that there is a column called 'Backlight' for every Conventional and Talkgroup object under Scannable Objects. If not, then a little bit of searching might be needed to find out where this setting might be.

The related setting in the Easier to Read Manual are found here for conventional objects and here for talkgroup objects.

R

retiredmich

On my pro106 when I program a TG there is a backlight setting for which ever department you program,
just scroll down the list to backlight use the right arrow to say YES & hit SAVE . See below

Backlight: Sets how the backlight will function while the ID is active. Default is Off.
Press or to select Off, On, or Flash.
Note: Does not function when Light Mode (in the GLOB menu) is set to Stlth. Light Mode has to be set to Norml, Key, or Ignre for the backlight to come on only during a transmission

Last edited:

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
You will really kill the battery life on the radio if you do this. I tried it on some of my more important stuff and it dropped battery life from 8-10 hours to about 6. And that was only turning it on for about 30 objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.