WCCCA P25 Goat Mtn

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Lots of activity. C-COM Fire Dispatch for the past few days and as of today C-COM Law Dispatch 1 are both coming in on the P25 site. P25 Phase I.

3213 C-COM Fire Dispatch
4057 C-COM Law Dispatch 1

I also got a hit on 4039 Clackamas County B interop channel the other day.

A sample of the audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRICSKM5I-4

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Just out of curiosity, what's your setup and your approximate location in Sherwood? I live here as well, but can barely get Goat Mountain on 800 , and absolutely nothing on the 700. Wondering if it's my antenna, my SDRs, or just my location in general.

The audio sounds good..actually sounds better than TriMet's system, so that's promising.

Thanks for sharing that clip.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Just out of curiosity, what's your setup and your approximate location in Sherwood? I live here as well, but can barely get Goat Mountain on 800 , and absolutely nothing on the 700. Wondering if it's my antenna, my SDRs, or just my location in general.

Off of Murdock Road in eastern Sherwood. I am using a BCD536HP parked in a sweet spot on a table on the second floor and I use the wifi app to listen. The 536HPs back of set antenna is fully extended up but I still had issues on local systems so believing it couldn't get any worse I found a piece of thin copper wire and wound around the very top of the antenna about 5 times. Then I straightened the rest out as best I could so it sticks up about another 10 inches. That seems to really help to grab 700/800. I can't get Washington County 800 simulcast very good at all but after the piece of wire was added I now get the Clack 800 Simulcast perfect plus Portland P25 West, OSRP Portland, and TriMet Council Crest perfect too.

WCCCA 800 P25 from Goat Mtn is only 1-2 bars of signal strength on my 536HP. I set the decoding rate for P25 stuff to Manual 8.

You're welcome about the clip.

More TGs:
3341 Washington Co C
4055 C-COM Law Dispatch 2

DickH

Off of Murdock Road in eastern Sherwood. I am using a BCD536HP parked in a sweet spot on a table on the second floor and I use the wifi app to listen. The 536HPs back of set antenna is fully extended up but I still had issues on local systems so believing it couldn't get any worse I found a piece of thin copper wire and wound around the very top of the antenna about 5 times. Then I straightened the rest out as best I could so it sticks up about another 10 inches. That seems to really help to grab 700/800. I can't get Washington County 800 simulcast very good at all but after the piece of wire was added I now get the Clack 800 Simulcast perfect plus Portland P25 West, OSRP Portland, and TriMet Council Crest perfect too. ...

1) What's the relationship between a WIFI app and your 536 scanner?
2) A 1/4 wave antenna at 850MHz is about 3-1/4 inches, so multiples of that length should work OK; 6-1/2", 13", etc. Just extending it without measuring is meaningless. Adding the Rube Goldberg wire is just a crap shoot. You said the scanner is in a "sweet spot" so you have hit it just right. Moving it slightly, left, right, back and forth, might bring it in even better.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Its a Phase I system.

I use the WiFi app so I can listen around my place without having to move the scanner around since its in a sweet spot. I have tried moving it around slightly and its the best its going to get. As for my antenna situation, if I take the wire off the reception goes down to toilet so the wire works just fine. Adding a small piece of wire to a scanner antenna is not a Rube Goldberg device.

Last edited:

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
I can't get Washington County 800 simulcast very good at all but after the piece of wire was added I now get the Clack 800 Simulcast perfect plus Portland P25 West, OSRP Portland, and TriMet Council Crest perfect too
Ah, I'm down in the Woodhaven area, and I can get 800 Site 1 just fine, but everything else is a crapshoot.

And that was pretty clean audio for only one or two bars. I was expecting far more distortion.

DickH

Its a Phase I system.

I use the WiFi app so I can listen around my place without having to move the scanner around since its in a sweet spot. I have tried moving it around slightly and its the best its going to get. As for my antenna situation, if I take the wire off the reception goes down to toilet so the wire works just fine. Adding a small piece of wire to a scanner antenna is not a Rube Goldberg device.

So you listen to your scanner on your phone via WIFI ?
You must be in a good location because all your YouTube clips sound very clean.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber

bears3312

I live in clark county wa I get the wcca on my 346 xtc all bars but for Portland I get 3 bars what is the diffrents please help? ps that's 800mhz

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I live in clark county wa I get the wcca on my 346 xtc all bars but for Portland I get 3 bars what is the diffrents please help? ps that's 800mhz

This thread is about the new P25 WCCCA/Clackamas system. Your 346 is analog only, so you must be referring to the analog WCCCA/Clack system. That system actually has two different simulcast systems, one for Clackamas County, the other for Washington County, as well as some Intellirepeater sites for fill-in coverage. I don't know which of these you are receiving, but whichever it is you just happen to be closer to that system's transmitters than you are to the ones for the Multnomah County system. Or it's also possible that terrain is playing a role. You might have a hill blocking your reception of Multnomah County, but have a clearer view of the Clackamas or the Wash Co systems. Many of the Washington County talkgroups can also be heard on the Clack side of the system, so my guess is it's the Clack simulcast you're receiving as it would be closer to Camas.

Last edited:

bears3312

This thread is about the new P25 WCCCA/Clackamas system. Your 346 is analog only, so you must be referring to the analog WCCCA/Clack system. That system actually has two different simulcast systems, one for Clackamas County, the other for Washington County, as well as some Intellirepeater sites for fill-in coverage. I don't know which of these you are receiving, but whichever it is you just happen to be closer to that system's transmitters than you are to the ones for the Multnomah County system. Or it's also possible that terrain is playing a role. You might have a hill blocking your reception of Multnomah County, but have a clearer view of the Clackamas or the Wash Co systems. Many of the Washington County talkgroups can also be heard on the Clack side of the system, so my guess is it's the Clack simulcast you're receiving as it would be closer to Camas.

does anyone know all the new stuff will turned on
thanks mike

bears3312

if clark isn't turn on for the Portland site why do I hear a clark county sheriff 1adam 5 go Portland net to talk
thanks bears3312

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
if clark isn't turn on for the Portland site why do I hear a clark county sheriff 1adam 5 go Portland net to talk
thanks bears3312

Totally separate systems. Agencies in the metro area all have each others systems and channels programmed in their radios for interoperability.

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
So you listen to your scanner on your phone via WIFI ?
You must be in a good location because all your YouTube clips sound very clean.

How it works is that the scanner receives radio transmissions in a normal way just like other scanners, but instead of only being able to output the decoded audio through the speaker or a headphone jack, those scanners have WiFi capability built in and and can send the audio stream over a WiFi network where it can be listened to using a computer (such as a smart phone). It's like how you can listen to scanners over the Internet, except that the scanner doesn't need to directly be connected to a computer since it can convert and send the audio as computer data itself and is for local use.

The listener can be anywhere that's within reach of their WiFi network. The scanner can stay put in the location where it can best pick up the radio signal.

DickH

How it works is that the scanner receives radio transmissions in a normal way just like other scanners, but instead of only being able to output the decoded audio through the speaker or a headphone jack, those scanners have WiFi capability built in and and can send the audio stream over a WiFi network where it can be listened to using a computer (such as a smart phone). It's like how you can listen to scanners over the Internet, except that the scanner doesn't need to directly be connected to a computer since it can convert and send the audio as computer data itself and is for local use.

The listener can be anywhere that's within reach of their WiFi network. The scanner can stay put in the location where it can best pick up the radio signal.

Thanks for the clear explanation.

bears3312

ok so jwin is phase 1 ,Portland is phase 1 trimet is phase 1 wccca is phase 1 now does any one know if clark going to be phase1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.