Nassau County Precincts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlslick12

Premium Subscriber
Newbie just got my BCD 436HD and upgraded to provoice. I would like to know if I can monitor the NCPD local precincts. Old frequencies not working. Also anything else i would be able to monitor using this scanner in Nassau county... Thanks

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If the conventional precinct freqs are not working your out of luck.

As far as provoice, the only 2 documented systems in New York are both are upstate. There is a system closer that has a few talk groups that are reported provoice as seen here.

The 4 closest to NY are here

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Nassau County Police are encrypted and are no longer on their old UHF Frequencies.

There is a thread for ProVoice in the city, but you should be able to pickup some notes about what you might expect to notice in Nassau county: http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...orum/324779-best-provoice-picks-nyc-area.html

As far as Nassau Monitoring goes, you can still monitor Nassau Fire, Nassau OEM, NYS Police, LIRR and MTA Police. Aviation and Marine are very active in this area as well. If you are to the east of the county, you should have no issues monitoring Suffolk's Trunk System. NYPD and FDNY should strong from anywhere in the county as well. If you are up north, give some Westchester and CT monitoring a try. It is a little late in the year for it, but NYS Parks and DEC make for some good listening too.

Status
Not open for further replies.