Wauwatosa Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrabbyMilton

Late yesterday afternoon , they were testing what sounds like an automated voice system on TG 34608.
It sounds similar to the North Shores system.

mkescan

Looking forward to all Depts to have Talkgroup like this. Would be nice to have just these on in the background when watching TV. or when you don't want constant chatter from Dispatch Talkgroups.

CrabbyMilton

I would tend to agree with that. An idea that there is a dedicated TG just for tone out. WTRS has that TG with fire where they tell them to switch to dispatch A or B. However, you made me laugh when you said you don't want to hear so much chatter. Some people complain that they don't get to hear much on the scanner anymore then others say they hear too much. Donald Rumsfeld always said if you try to please everyone, someone's not going to like it. Even though the transmissions aren't meant for entertainment. :)

CrabbyMilton

Good question. I did tune to 159.120mhz one of the times that test was taking place and heard nothing. Perhaps I was too late but it's worth a listen just to see if they abandon that freq. for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.