Fresno area CHP mobile repeater ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clovisb31

Hello all,

Have been listening to CHP SILVER Dispatch/Fresno 42.08 mhz and can hear dispatch fine as always.
The Silver Mobiles can be heard if close in (10-15 miles ) on another receiver with a long wire antenna on 42.28 Mhz.

Lately I have been hearing a mobile or two on the DISPATCH side , as well as the MOBILE side. Not all the units , just one or two. No hang time is heard as if on a repeater.

The PINK Dispatch /Visalia 42.44 is the same, with a few (not all) mobiles heard on the dispatch frequency, but WITH a hang time like on a repeater.

So, the question here is, are the CHP channels going to a repeater mode here in the Fresno area? Some mobiles come out on dispatch side and some not, so are they in the process of converting mobiles to a repeat mode? This has nothing to do with the 700 Mhz extender frequencies as they are heard on BOTH low band frequencies, not 700 MHz.

Any ideas here?

Thanks,
Shane

kma371

QRT
Sounds like they could just be on talk around, which is generally the repeater output.

clovisb31

Well, I am hearing the mobiles on the dispatch frequency, as strong as the dispatcher (full scale).
On the Mobile frequency I hear the mobile that is full strength on the dispatch frequency, but it is NOT full strength or poor copy on the mobile frequency. If the mobiles were running simplex on the "output" or "talkaround " frequency, they would be "un repeated" and noisy/poor copy to my location.

I am hearing mobiles full quieting on dispatch channel but too far away from me to hear much other than to know that they are also on the mobile frequency.

Maybe some of the units are sending a tone that causes them to be "re broadcast" through the dispatch console, then back up the microwave link to the Transmitter out on the dispatch frequency.

And also, there is the hang time I hear on the dispatch channel when the mobile is repeated.

Hmmmm,
Shane

kma371

QRT
Then I misunderstood what you said.

It's possible they are going to a repeater system.there are several divisions configured that way.

PaulNDaOC

Sounds like Fresno is using repeater mode at times just as Merced started doing several months ago.

Best I can tell all centers in metro areas are doing this close to 24/7.

clovisb31

CHP repeater

Looks like they are patching the Mobile traffic onto the Dispatch channel so the other nearby cars can hear each other. I have been waiting 30 years for this ! Now, only one channel needs to be listened to.

Now if I can only hear the 700 mhz extenders reliably when I am mobile. One step at a time I guess.

SCPD

QRT
Have you read this?

I just updated the linked text. There was no mention of the 700 MHz extender system and I clarified the mobile-base patch description a little bit based on this thread and others. Some people were still not understanding why patching is not done all over the state and why some areas were simulcast and others are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.