• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What radios can do analog site roaming (vote scan)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kblazk

Which manufactures today have radios that will do ANALOG vote scan (of the sites) in the subscriber radios? Right now I can only find EF Johnson VP600/900 series portables that will do this and I have attached a screenshot of the programming software showing this option.

I see a lot of other manufactures have some sort of conventional site roaming with their digital formats, NXDN and Mototrbo but I am specifically looking for ANALOG site roaming at the subscriber level.

Attachments

• vote_scan.jpg
    vote_scan.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 665
  • vote scan 2.jpg
    vote scan 2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 658

trumpetman

Database Admin
I've seen vote scan on the Motorola ASTRO25 series, ASTRO series, & APX series (all of which is a flash option). I've only ever used it on P25 but I would double check to make sure it's compatible in analog mode.

I've seen it in my XPR7550 too but haven't researched it enough to see how well it works (I think it's for Tier 2 radios only....I don't recall seeing it in my 6550 codeplug).

Can't advise on the older EFJs, I don't have PCConfigure in front of me to check the options or scan list type.

Hope this helps.

kblazk

trumpetman,

Are you saying that a XPR-7550 will do ANALOG site roaming? I just looked at the CPS and all I could find was the attached screen and it says at the bottom that feature only works in digital mode.

Attachments

• 7550votescan.jpg
    7550votescan.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 516

kblazk

Trumpetman,

I think I found what your talking about. Check out the screenshot below. I would like to see someone that has used this in a production environment, looks very interesting!

Attachments

• xpr-7550_votescan.jpg
    xpr-7550_votescan.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 545

freddaniel

Tait analog radios use to offer something call mobile voting, for use on ribbon-systems along highways where two channels would alternate and the radio would home on the best channel.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I think Motorola called theirs System Search and Lock. It requires the subscriber to periodically poll repeaters with a specific DCS code and listen for a cooresponding CTCSS tone. It wasrudimentary in that it did not build an RSSI table to vote from.

Status
Not open for further replies.