NJICS Union County Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

Has anyone actually heard anything on tg 4307? Is it supposed to be used by admins or buses because I never hear anyone on there even on school days. In fact, I have not heard Union County Commission school buses on any frequency in years.

(It would be great to keep this as a thread for Union County NJICS talk only and I suggest others start new threads for each County that is active on NJICS, since the current NJICS thread is totally disorganized with too many "different" topic discussions at the same time.)

TGID 4441 - Just heard a unit call for "Medic 10 into Colonia" Could this be Colonia EMS or a county EMS group? It's not listed in the database.

EDIT: Ah, It seems It's a simulcast of EMS Dispatch channel. 460.100.

Had to get the new thread going somehow.

Last edited:

Analogrules

Linden PD now on NJICS

I just wanted to let everyone know that Linden PD is now on NJICS, as others have indicated.

set41249

FYI, TGID 4307 is the safe schools radio network. All the schools in the County have a radio they can use to call the local PD. You will hear tests on it occasionally. It was one of the last things I was involved before I retired in 2007.

Analogrules

Wow...I didn't realize that regarding tg 4307. Thanks for the info. It probably should be labled "School Alerts" instead of BOE.

Analogrules

Yeah and I noticed that another new TG, 4443 is UC Fire Dispatch. Also, someone changed the name of the pre-existing EMS talkgroups to OEM in tbe db recently. I wonder if this means all of the previous UHF county frequencies will be depricated soon.

stangwill182

Premium Subscriber
TG 4441 is Union County EMS Dispatch

TG 4441 is Countywide EMS dispatch (Clark, M9/10, Scotch Plains, Fanwood, etc) it is what is currently simulcast to TG 4313 I/OP 3( In the near future the I/OP 3 simulcast will be moved to TG 4441

Analogrules

TG 4273 is also EMS Dispatch...Not OEM

Ok. Can someone explain why I am also hearing EMS dispatch on TG 4273 (same talk-group that was initially listed as EMS, but someone changed to OEM dispatch in the db). I would assume there is a tg designated as OEM dispatch, BUT it doesn't seem like it is 4273. Did someone troll the NJICS database recently, switching it to false information?

GM

Premium Subscriber
Maybe the individual that submitted the change has inside information of a pending/upcoming change to talkgroup designations and wanted to pass it along to the rest of the scanning community. Or maybe in fact the actual name of the talkgroup on the radio system is OEM designated, but is currently being used for EMS. I've confirmed on a few occasions that the info listed in the database was in fact incorrect and submitted an update, despite what was being heard on the talkgroup at the time. Sometimes talkgroups are designated as one use for a temporary period of time until a permanent one can be assigned for myriad reasons.

Last edited:

Analogrules

I am not "asuming" anything. Perhaps this particular tg will indeed be used for OEM dispatch in the future....especially since EMS dispatch has been occuring on a few different talkgroups. I guess OEM and EMS dispatch could use the same talkgroup, but then why is Union Co EMS dispatching on other talkgroups too? How do they decide which talkgroup to dispatch on? I am thinking that difference ambulance companies are assigned to different talk groups, perhaps depending on which hospital they are affiliated with or what towns they are assigned to??

I am not saying that someone definitely submitted incorrect information to the Db, however in recent months trolls have been a problem on this site and others have been doing a great job correcting it again. Therefore, I just think we should all keep an eye on this particular tg as well as the other EMS tg's to find out which ones are truly being used for which purposes. I can definitely say that tg 4273 is STILL used as EMS dispatch, despite the recent so-called DB correction.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Simple and correct answer:

Union County EMS is part of the OEM. Hence why they are dispatched on 4273, which is OEM Dispatch, along with Hazmat, EMS Coordinators and Task Force, etc. It being listed as OEM Dispatch in the database is 1000% correct.

EMS Dispatch refers strictly to 2400's handling of municipal level BLS, contract BLS, and hospital based ALS (Also heard on 460.1000), and has nothing to do with the county run EMS units.

Additionally it should be noted, the way the massive equipment overhaul was installed in County Communications in Westfield, any frequency of any department, on any band can be patched into one of the I/O talkgroups. That's the intent of them, to act as Interop patches.

More departments will be coming over in the next 5 months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.