Local Ham Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to HAM and do not have my license yet. I looking to connect with a HAM radio club in south east Michigan to help me along. Those who are willing to school a novice like me. Ive been doing reading on the subject but I always have questions and no one to talk to in person who knows the answers. If things go well Id be willing to join. Id appreciate any help.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
There's one in Plymouth, but they seem to not be very active or welcoming. I've had much better and professional response from Livonia.

KR4BD

Adrian has a very active ham club that's been around for a LONG time. They have lots of activities including classes and license examinations when the class is completed. You might want to check out their VERY DETAILED website for more information.

Frames Index

Good luck!

smithken

Premium Subscriber
Where in southeast Michigan? Southeast Michigan is a pretty big place and there are a lot of clubs so it would be helpful to narrow things down a little.

Where in southeast Michigan? Southeast Michigan is a pretty big place and there are a lot of clubs so it would be helpful to narrow things down a little.

I live in Northville. I found the Livonia club and they made a point on their page to say interested parties can come to their meetings. I think ill pay them a visit

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Local Club

The Livingston County Club W8LRK is another choice for you. They have a test session once a month at the 9-1-1 dispatch center and it's no charge. The club meetings are the second Thursday of each month at 7:30 at the 9-1-1 dispatch center.

I am new to HAM and do not have my license yet. I looking to connect with a HAM radio club in south east Michigan to help me along. Those who are willing to school a novice like me. Ive been doing reading on the subject but I always have questions and no one to talk to in person who knows the answers. If things go well Id be willing to join. Id appreciate any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.