WS1065: priority channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
when the scanner stops on one specific channel it sounds like its switching to a priority channel then back to the original. Its not switching to a weather channel and its not on priority. Any suggestions driving me nuts !!

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
no you misunderstood my post No priority is set . When it goes on this one specific channel only., it sounds like it is switching to a priority channel or a weather channel.

ecps92

Does this occur when someone is talking ? or All the time ?

Freq/Tone ?? User ?? :confused:

Do you have another scanner running at the same time that could be causing the interference ?

no you misunderstood my post No priority is set . When it goes on this one specific channel only., it sounds like it is switching to a priority channel or a weather channel.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
ok i have a older scanner and my ws1065 . the ws 1065 like i stated on channel 154.44500 pl 173.8 sounds like it switches to a priority channel while there is a transmission going on. But there is No priority or weather highlighted. When i go into the win500 software the box for priority is not highlighted anywhere and weather priority is turned off . Im at a loss. And my old scanner doesnt cut out at all so it def is ws1065

TAbirdman

ok i have a older scanner and my ws1065 . the ws 1065 like i stated on channel 154.44500 pl 173.8 sounds like it switches to a priority channel while there is a transmission going on. But there is No priority or weather highlighted. When i go into the win500 software the box for priority is not highlighted anywhere and weather priority is turned off . Im at a loss. And my old scanner doesnt cut out at all so it def is ws1065

Its been a couple of days - have any luck figuring it out?

DickH

Turn OFF the older scanner and see if it still happens.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
ok so doing more nose poking around if i have squelch mode to search it does not cut out , But if i program the code to what its supposed to be for the channel the transmission cuts in and out. Any thoughts ??

DJ11DLN

ok so doing more nose poking around if i have squelch mode to search it does not cut out , But if i program the code to what its supposed to be for the channel the transmission cuts in and out. Any thoughts ??

Sounds like the tone squelch isn't being broadcast constantly and your scanner is responding as it should in CTCSS mode, i.e. muting the audio when it doesn't see the tone. There could be several reasons that this is happening but if this is what is going on, then your scanner isn't broken. That's the good news. The bad news is, unless you leave it in Search mode, it's gonna keep cutting out on you.:twisted:

dmaria

Sounds like the tone squelch isn't being broadcast constantly and your scanner is responding as it should in CTCSS mode, i.e. muting the audio when it doesn't see the tone. There could be several reasons that this is happening but if this is what is going on, then your scanner isn't broken. That's the good news. The bad news is, unless you leave it in Search mode, it's gonna keep cutting out on you.:twisted:

You could also try setting the CTCSS to "none". If there are no other frequencies that are close to that one in your area, then it should work fine.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
There's no way to fix the problem . I have this unit and a ws1080 and the 1080 doesnt do it

Status
Not open for further replies.