Montgomery County Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
During tonight's Metro tunnel smoke incident, I heard one MCFD Rail Officer asking to talk on 75D.
Radioreference does not show a 75D talk group.
There used to be a chart showing that MCFD 75K, 75L and 75M were the same as PD J1, J2 and J3, but that chart was deleted.
Can anyone provide an updated listing of the Montgomery County FD talk groups, with the corresponding Group IDs?

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for this table
The RadioReference database doesn't show any of the 75 zone talk groups.
It would be good to have the talk group IDs, which must be in a different Montgomery-County-only table, for scanner programming.
I note that 7L is now secure, so the table is not totally up to date.
Also, I don't see 75K, L and M listed as Special Events TGs any more. Are the Special Events TGs now police-only?

dwlipp

Premium Subscriber
The PDF that gesucks posted above is quite a bit out of date; the RR database is correct (with the exception of two minor corrections that I just submitted)..

Old zone 74 is now zone 76 as shown in the database. Zones 74 & 75 (not in the database) are both made up of secure talkgroups that are used when communication security is a consideration; not much point in posting something that can't be heard anyway.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Helpful info, Captain, thank you.

not much point in posting something that can't be heard anyway.

I respectfully disagree. It does help to identify things structurally and reduce confusion searching for 'missing' talkgroups when you hear someone say 'go to M Tac' or something and you have no idea what that is because it's not in the database. Doesn't serve any direct listening purpose.. but it does massively help those of us who search for new talkgroups/frequencies to add to the DB, so we don't double over something that's already 'known' to a select few.

Hopefully you can see my perspective there. I think the more information in the DB, the better; if it's encrypted, so what if it's there- you can't decode any of it without violating the law and spending a considerable expense in time, effort, and computing power on the way. The info being there serves as no security loss to the subscribers and provides a helpful extra piece of knowledge in searching for new non-secure transmissions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.