Caledon Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've heard Caledon works on 169.155Mhz for years but a few days ago, I heard somebody talking about plowing roads in the Caledon area on 153.950Mhz.

I checked Spectrum Direct and found Caledon licenced on that frequency with an emission designator of F7DNN which is strange.

They still show as licenced on their old frequency with voice.

I'm hearing quick keyups on each frequency which leads me to believe they've gone to a two channel LTR system.

Can anybody in the area confirm?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Despite a moderate noise level, I was able to use the LCN Finder on my HomePatrol and came up with:

169.155 LCN 01
153.950 LCN 02

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
I've got a couple of noisy hits but not much traffic.

So far I've seen 0-02-12 and 0-02-11. I'm guessing they're using the talkgroup as a Unit ID.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Im on the northern border of brampton/caledon, I should be able to hear them clearly, especially with my Diamond D3000. I will plug those channels in and see what I hear...

Jason

mciupa

I tried last night for a while and only caught the "blips" mostly on LCN 02.

I'm hoping for snow in Caledon while I'm off work the next few days. :D

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
The scanner logged most hits on 0-02-12.

I didn't hear much traffic though and the little I heard sounded one sided. Didn't see any other frequencies licenced to them.

Will throw the system in my mobile scanner and see what pops up today.

I'm guessing the F7 frequency was used as GPS/Telemetry and it's been converted to a voice channel on the new system. They've either rolled that in with the new system or they've moved it to cellular.

DaveH

Interesting how in spite of its age and digital technology moving ahead, LTR lives on.

All Moto commercial Type I/II analog systems in the Ottawa area are gone. LTR is still alive
though mostly on the Quebec side of the river. One system (693e) had its channels converted to
LTR. You can still watch activity using LTRTrunk and LTR Analyzer, both good in their own ways.

Dave

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
0-02-12 active today with mic checks. Sounds like they're just switching over to this system.

mciupa

Great. With the talkgroup listing in the DB,it will now be available for Sentinel download next week. (I still haven't purchased the Extreme software key for the HP-2 yet, thank you low CDN $)

Status
Not open for further replies.