Albany/Rensselaer county question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmjojo05

Premium Subscriber
Wondering if anyone could confirm for me that the Uniden Bcd325p2 has the capabilities to pick up most if not all the frequencies available in Albany and Rensselaer counties for police/end/fire/public utility? I'm new, done some research and I think I am good but wanted to check with some vets.

Thanks!

D

DaveNF2G

A Phase 2 receiver might seem like overkill for the moment. However, there is at least one P25 system in the state that was "definitely not" going to be Phase 2 that is now switching over. Best to be prepared.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
The new Albany County System will be Phase II, it is Phase I at the moment but broadcasting PII frequency id tables.

D

DaveNF2G

Do you mean Phase II as in P25 TDMA, or Phase 2 as in the County's construction and deployment plan?

Phase 1 is the Metrocell. Phase 2 is the remaining sites and frequencies.

I have locals questioning the info and I haven't had a chance to look at the CC lately.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Phase II TDMA.

It's odd, Pro96Com lists the flavor as Phase 1, but it is broadcasting both Phase 1 and 2 frequency tables.

Given both Albany and Colonie have XTS (Astro25) series portables - last I saw - and those are not Phase 2 capable, I'm betting it will be mostly Phase 1 for now.
And, to date, all of the TG activity has been Phase 1.

Last edited:

crcurtis

It's odd, Pro96Com lists the flavor as Phase 1, but it is broadcasting both Phase 1 and 2 frequency tables.

Given both Albany and Colonie have XTS (Astro25) series portables - last I saw - and those are not Phase 2 capable, I'm betting it will be mostly Phase 1 for now.
And, to date, all of the TG activity has been Phase 1.

and the only agency I know of around here with APX portables/mobiles would be Saratoga County Sheriff, but mostly for dual band ops rather than TDMA.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
Thousands of APX4000 and APX7000 radios are being programmed now and will be distributed soon. The City of Albany Police and Fire Departments will be first to receive them (minus a few ACSO Investigators already on the APX7000s). Our old radios will go to Albany DGS.

crcurtis

Not surprising as they operate on various 800 MHz trunked systems (digital and analog) along with VHF.

I had a trooper respond to a trespass complaint yesterday (2G29), and he was sporting a fancy APX7000 in Yellow... Somewhere I read that the County kept the old VHF County 911 frequency because of the SP units, but if I'm seeing them carry APX7000s, that might make the frequency obsolete.

lafd55

I had a trooper respond to a trespass complaint yesterday (2G29), and he was sporting a fancy APX7000 in Yellow... Somewhere I read that the County kept the old VHF County 911 frequency because of the SP units, but if I'm seeing them carry APX7000s, that might make the frequency obsolete.

All G troopers now carry APXs so Saratoga's VHF is merely a backup at this point, I believe, as SP portables have the 800 system in them and have their own unique county RIDs. 911 is still patched to the VHF. Also SP Mobiles show up in the 800 system with their own RIDs this includes Interstate cars.

There's still a thread in regards to the Saratgoa County system as new talkgroups have been being heard with Saratoga city being taken over along with Stillwater and Ballston Spa. You would just have to serch for the thread through the search engine.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Page 11 of the pro96com manual: https://wiki.radioreference.com/images/1/13/Pro96Com.pdf (this is from an older version it appears, as the newest version has a slot column as well).

Harris calls it Channel IDEN Sets.

Edit: the new Albany system is now showing as Flavor Phase 2 in Pro96com. This is different than a week or two ago when it showed Phase 1. It's still showing 6 frequency identifier table entries (2 700, 2 800, 2 900) and each has a 1 slot and a 2 slot entry.

Edit x 2: It looks like this is called "Astro 25 Channel ID" in APX CPS.

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

ASTRO is Phase I. I think we really need to hear from someone who is actually building the system. Are you listening, Pittsfield Communications?

Status
Not open for further replies.