Buckmaster or Alpha-delta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Have to replace my mutiband dipole. Herd good things about both, the buckmaster is a ocf, windom, any recommendations?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

ButchGone

I had the 300watt version of the Buckmaster 80-6m OCF, inverted vee at 35'. Worked all continents, great signal reports, played very well on 40/20/17. Adequate on 80/12/10/6 for a multiband dipole. I even worked Poland and Russia on 80m SSB from the Tennessee Valley at this low height. Worked much better than a G5RV as a single multiband antenna.
It is built tough using heavy duty materials. I sold it for higher power rated OCF when I got an amp. I'd highly recommend as a multiband, one antenna solution and mount it as high as possible.
BG..

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The Buckmaster OCFD is very well made. But, you have to pay attention to the height and layout instructions. It won't work very well at heights lower than specified.

prcguy

A good friend got the Buckmaster 40m OCFD and it works well for his limited space. He then tried an EFHW from MyAntennas in the same location since its the same length and the EFHW puts out a slightly better signal on all bands.

I have a Radio Works 40m OCFD that was used for a temporary setup and their claim to fame is making use of common mode currents on the feedline and placing a special choke about 10ft down from the feedpoint. The 10ft of coax acts as a vertical radiator on some bands and is supposed to improve low angle stuff.
prcguy

E5911

Premium Subscriber
A good friend got the Buckmaster 40m OCFD and it works well for his limited space. He then tried an EFHW from MyAntennas in the same location since its the same length and the EFHW puts out a slightly better signal on all bands.

I have a Radio Works 40m OCFD that was used for a temporary setup and their claim to fame is making use of common mode currents on the feedline and placing a special choke about 10ft down from the feedpoint. The 10ft of coax acts as a vertical radiator on some bands and is supposed to improve low angle stuff.
prcguy
Got the buckmaster.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.