536 scanner help in NH County

Status
Not open for further replies.

subwayjd1

Premium Subscriber
Hi - for some reason I am having difficulty hearing Wallingford police on my BC536. I am not an expert on this radio or scanning in general, but I think I am doing everything correctly - I realize its a P25 system and I used the sentinal software to basically load it and all the other NH county systems. I pretty much hear everything I should be hearing (25 mile range), but not a peep from Wallingford PD. Is there something I need to set on the scanner or check due to it being a P25 system?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Buy a BCD996P2 LOL

I found the 536 to be very poor on the programming side of things, I got rid of mine and got 2 BCD996P2 scanners and am very happy with them

Good Luck Joe! :)

subwayjd1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys - I appreciate the feedback - I am currently using the antenna that was supplied with the scanner, so I realize the next step is a better antenna.
My next scanner purchase most likely will be the HP 2 as I am hearing really good things about the ease of use and functions - although to be honest, I like being able to program and discover the fun of using the 536.

MFCJR

As mentioned above make sure the right service types are enabled. I turn them all on. Make sure monitor is also on. And make sure if you have quick keys that they are on. The 536 is a good scanner and I find the Sentinel makes programming it very easy. I also agree a better antenna should help a lot.

leadjammer

536 scanner help in NH county

Might not be the scanner. I live in Hamden and even with an outside antenna cannot pick up Wallingford PD at all.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
If you are in the shadow of West Rock you won't be able to hear them that great if not at all. I'm over the Woodbridge line in Ansonia and I had difficulty hearing them with my outside antenna also.

leadjammer

Scanner help in NHcOUNTY

I'm over near WELI in Hamden if you know where that is and cannot get any Wallingford PD. Not even static. In fact with my handheld I have to drive all the way to North Haven before I get anything at all.

a417

...you've got the lush rolling hills of Quinnipiac in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.