Monroe County 700 MHz CGIRRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tosh

Premium Subscriber
Monroe County - TRS

I thought I might add to this thread. I was down in Forsyth in June (2017) for a week. I didn't hear anything on the VHF/UHF analog systems for the county. Looks like they moved to the TRS (?) The GPSTC is still using analog channels and are not on the so-called Central Georgia Interoperable, etc. etc. as of yet. One of the fire department guys over there I spoke with had heard about the new system and said his radios are on VHF and was wondering how he was going to talk to the county when they ran mutual aid. I had a very difficult time hearing/receiving anything on the TRS in the city of Forsyth. I am guessing that this is likely due to the P25 simulcast issues that are a hot topic now with the 436hp. This is a bummer for 436hp users, but you can find a lot of discussion on that topic elsewhere. Seems like certain areas were better than others - like on I-75 going towards Macon. I only heard 2 TGID's on the system. I think one was the Sheriff and one was fire/ems. Very garbled and poor reception. It does not appear that Monroe County is rebroadcast on the Bibb County sites. It would be interesting to see what others might have to say on this.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
They're supposed to be linked with Bibb. Harris has a very different modulation, that when connected to SDRSharp you can see how the capture spirals down like those twisty chips, so it's not as easy to lock on with Uniden models because the signal goes up and down rapidly (even Whistler models when I tested one earlier this year). I just use DSD+ now to get anything out of Macon.

mjbjr

They're supposed to be linked with Bibb. Harris has a very different modulation, that when connected to SDRSharp you can see how the capture spirals down like those twisty chips, so it's not as easy to lock on with Uniden models because the signal goes up and down rapidly (even Whistler models when I tested one earlier this year). I just use DSD+ now to get anything out of Macon.
not to get of topic, but I have provided Macon for years but the last week has been silent. Can you help? I have a topic"audio issues have returned" in the Georgia section.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully you can see these attachments. It's what I currently have monitoring and I also included the bandplan in case something has changed. This is what I use to listen to Bibb, but it's not all the time due to the fact that I have no outside hardware for better reception, so I stick to Houston. At this time, it's coming in clear but I did post in your thread the other night about not being to hear anything. I even went up there around Broadway/Pio Nono with the laptop and it still did the same thing. Now everything seems to be back to normal. If you don't have all of these frequencies in your scanner, you should. Harris rotates it's CC at random.

Attachments

• dsdbibb.jpg
    dsdbibb.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 206
  • bandplan.PNG
    bandplan.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 197

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I'm now picking up the P25 Phase || system with activity. :D

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
That's the X2, but I thought it was only meant for Water and Transportation. Who knows these days...

tosh

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. and discussion. One additional question - have all of the agencies in Monroe except those previously mentioned move over to the Harris system ? It would appear that way.

HarrisP25guy

Monroe County is attached to the Macon-Bibb Harris Core using two redundant pathways. They operate on a separate 3 Site Simulcast cell. All County and City of Forsyth Agencies operate on the new system.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
All County and City of Forsyth Agencies operate on the new system.

Actually, just the city and county "Public safety" agencies are on it. City PW and such is on VHF still, and the county road dept and such are still on lowband, etc.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Confirming, you can't hear Monroe on Bibb's, right? Since nobody will even get a list for talkgroups together. What's on the DB is clearly not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.