Bratenahl PD Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I believe Bratenahl PD is now being dispatched by Chagrin Valley Dispatch. I’m still hearing them on the GCRCN TG 56582. I also heard North Randall and Highland Hills on that TG. My reception of the CVD is hit and miss so I’m not sure if there also on CVD West TG 14470.

Last edited by a moderator:

budevans

I believe Bratenahl PD is now being dispatched by Chagrin Valley Dispatch. I’m still hearing them on the GCRCN TG 56582. I also heard North Randall and Highland Hills on that TG. My reception of the CVD is hit and miss so I’m not sure if there also on CVD West TG 14470.

I'm monitoring Bratenahl PD traffic (simulcasting) on both GCRCN (TG56582) and MARCS-IP Cuyahoga (TG14470). I haven't heard enough to tell where the dispatch is originating.

Last edited by a moderator:

budevans

Tonya,

After monitoring additional traffic it appears that Bratenahl's PD field traffic is originating from the GCRCN system.

What I am seeing on my scanners. The PD dispatcher has two radio id's. One which appears on the GCRCN system and a different radio id on the MARCS-IP system. Traffic from the field displays a radio id on the GCRCN system but does not on the MARCS-IP system.

This is a pattern that I've seen before when other departments migrated from one system to another.

Last edited:

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Bud are you also hearing Highland Hills and N. Randle on 56582? For sure BPD is originating from CVD. We were notified by mail that the switch would happen today. I also believe BPD's jail is now closed and we will be using the jail in Euclid. I hope Bratenahl stays on the Cleveland system. Comes in much better for me then the Marcs-IP system!!

budevans

Bratenahl only

Bud are you also hearing Highland Hills and N. Randle on 56582? For sure BPD is originating from CVD. We were notified by mail that the switch would happen today. I also believe BPD's jail is now closed and we will be using the jail in Euclid. I hope Bratenahl stays on the Cleveland system. Comes in much better for me then the Marcs-IP system!!

So far today I've only heard radio call signs starting with 17xxx, which is Bratenahl on 56582 and 14470. Note: I was only able to monitor this morning from 9:50 to 10:30 and so far this afternoon from 1:45 to 2:30.

I have my PSR-500 locked on TG56582 (GCRCN) and my BCD436HP locked on 14470 (MARCS-IP). So I shouldn't be missing any traffic. Everything I've heard has been on both TG's.

Some of Bratenahl's radio's have switched to MARCS-IP. You can tell by the radio id's in use. The MARCS-IP radio id's are 1892xxx and the GCRCN radio id's are 1863xxx.

budevans

Tonya,

I'm hearing North Randall PD (53XX) today on both 56582 & 14470.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Bud I'm guessing that BPD is going to have to stay on the Cleveland system. Maybe for the same reason Euclid PD had to. This change has been in the works for months so if there was any equipment they needed to be solely on Marcs-IP I would think it have been installed already. Where is the closest Marcs tower to Bratenahl? Wickliffe??

budevans

Bud I'm guessing that BPD is going to have to stay on the Cleveland system. Maybe for the same reason Euclid PD had to. This change has been in the works for months so if there was any equipment they needed to be solely on Marcs-IP I would think it have been installed already. Where is the closest Marcs tower to Bratenahl? Wickliffe??

Tonya,

The closest MARCS-IP towers are Wickliffe and the Justice Center. GCRCN (Cleveland's) towers are the Euclid (south side of the i90, Chardon Road), Martin Luther King Blvd and the Justice Center. So GCRCN with the Euclid - i90 -Chardon Road tower is the closest, followed by the Martin Luther King Blvd tower.

To recap what I've heard this week.
Starting with the 6th, most (almost all) of the field traffic was originating from the GCRCN system.
On the 7th, the majority (60 - 40) was originating from MARCS-IP.
Today the 8th, nearly all of the traffic came from MARCS-IP (one or two stragglers on GCRCN) .

So it sounds like they've done a field rollout/conversion this week. All of the dispatch has originated on MARCS-IP.

What I haven't heard this week would be the Portables (Walky Talkiy). That's where Euclid PD had had the biggest issues.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I agree Dave, but as of 12:00PM I’m still hearing Bratenahl as well as N. Randle and Highland Hills on 56582 on the GCRCN SYSTEM.

Swipesy

Tony, since you mentioned Bratenahl Pd being on Chagrin Valley Dispatch I have been tracking Chagrin West Radio ID's. What I am seeing since the Switch? is a radio ID showing up as Radio ID -0-. I am guessing this has to do with Bratenahl since I am seeing North Randall, Orange, Highland Hills ID's as they should be.

John

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Tony, since you mentioned Bratenahl Pd being on Chagrin Valley Dispatch I have been tracking Chagrin West Radio ID's. What I am seeing since the Switch? is a radio ID showing up as Radio ID -0-. I am guessing this has to do with Bratenahl since I am seeing North Randall, Orange, Highland Hills ID's as they should be.

ID 0 would be a patch through a dispatch console.

budevans

John

John,

The radio id for the patch from MARCS-IP to GCRCN is 1892901.

The radio id for the patch from GCRCN to MARCS-IP is 0 for GRE Radio's and no id displayed for my Uniden 436.

The Bratenahl (Chagrin) Dispatch Console radio id is 1892193 on MARCS-IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.