• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-760G-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Trying to program a TK 760G-1 with KPG56D. I am using a USB cable and I can get as far as making the radio display - PC - so its recognizing that its plugged into a computer but it will not read. Just says to check connections. I have tried every option possible. Com port is correct.

Do I need a serial cable to program this radio? Ive never ever needed to use a serial for any radio I have done in the past.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
sounds like you may have the wrong software.. there are two that do the 760, KPG29 and KPG56D..

Res21cue

Feed Provider
I was hoping I could use the windows version. KPG56D as I do not have anything lower than Windows 10 right now nor do I have a serial cable. Why would it go as far as to recognize that its hooked up by displaying - PC - ?

b-stukey1

Sounds like you have a bad connection with your cable. Could be on either end or a break in the wire. Kpg56d is the correct software for the tk760g model and a USB programming cable will work, don't need a serial cable unless trying to run in dos.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Res21cue

Feed Provider
I thought about the cable being bad too but then I used it to successfully program 2 7160s and an NX-700 with the same computer so I know the cable is good. Any other ideas?

llu727

I suspect the problem is Windows 10 - especially if it is 64 bit.

That was written in the Win2K /XP era - you may need to downgrade.

llu727

Thats most likely the problem.. support for that radio was discontinued in 2013.. way before 64 bit systems were common, let alone Win 10!! It works quite well on XP, havent tried it on 7, 8 or 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.