Garland APCO-P25 Future Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I will be visiting with one of the coordinators for the new P25 system soon, If I can get any additional information about the system, I will submit it, if y'all have any questions, post a comment and Ill write them down and ask him.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I will be visiting with one of the coordinators for the new P25 system soon, If I can get any additional information about the system, I will submit it, if y'all have any questions, post a comment and Ill write them down and ask him.

Did you find out any useful information?

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
We haven't had a chance to meet up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Here are the freqs they're requesting from CAPRAD, but I don't see any FCC activity, yet.

Thanks,
Russell

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I saw something about 20 channel sites, that's 16 there, we'll have to see. Thank you Russell! 73

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Yes yes, I know. I've yet to meet with him. He had a recent family emergency, I'll plan it for next week.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Here is part of an email he sent:

"The new 700 MHz P25 Motorola Astro system is going well. We completed factory acceptance testing at Motorola’s office in Schaumburg, IL in December and they have already shipped all of the major components of the system. I have some photos that I can show you of the equipment as it was setup in the testing room at Motorola. This was the only time that ALL of the components of the system will be put together in one place – in operation, some of it will be in Garland, some in Rowlett, some in Mesquite and some in Sachse."

nd5y

Update 5/28/16 new license applications

Three new license applications
ULS Application - Conventional Public Safety 700 MHz - 0007284539 - GARLAND, CITY OF
ULS Application - Conventional Public Safety 700 MHz - 0007284540 - GARLAND, CITY OF
ULS Application - Conventional Public Safety 700 MHz - 0007284541 - MESQUITE, CITY OF
The strange thing is the radio service is SG - Conventional Public Safety 700 MHz and not trunked.

Contact info is for this company
http://bv.com/home/capabilities/market/telecommunications/public-safety
I guess that's who is bulding it.

Last edited:

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin

So much for all that experience and expertise listed in their company profile. You're right, it is licensed wrong. It's supposed to be a Harris Phase II Trunked system.

Russell

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
Well there ya go. :) A Moto P2 Trunked then.

heh yup..

I'm under ten miles from the purposed Sachse tower, so I should be able to pick this system up easily. I've got a scanner dedicated to scan those frequencies, so I'll catch it when it comes online.

Some of that licencing looks like a soup sandwich. Mesquite sites listed on the Garland licence?

Anyway, the Mesquite service center tower has had the new building added for that site. I have zero gear for digital, but I did pick up two cheap dongles last year so I'll try to get them running on an extra laptop. I am 3.7 miles from the service center and less than 3 miles from the Town East water tower. I'm a little further away from McKenzie tower.

Correction for the OP, it is better to describe this as the Garland Mesquite system (plus Rowlett and Sachse as minor partners).

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I was told that is up to the appropriate staff. (Police Chief, Fire Chief, etc.) So it may be or it may not be, I was told FD is most likely not going to be encrypted. I can tell you all of Rowlett (PD) will be encrypted according to the Chief himself. Which is rather unfortunate. When I assisted in running the Rowlett/Sachse Scanner page we discussed the encryption and what our solution to it would be, I'm not at liberty to discuss the specifics but we've consulted with the right people about possible solutions so we can stay up to date and inform the citizens.

SCPD

QRT
What part of interoperability do they not get? Encryption just screws up other agencies who may need to respond to a scene. DPS 101 won't talk to Greenville PD on their channel because of encryption - Security companies often use at least Dispatch to keep up with happenings. Richardson at least kept the dispatch channel open. Crypt your TAC and DOPE channels, maybe even INFO. but why hide your dispatch channel from the people? Where is government transparency in that?

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
What part of interoperability do they not get? Encryption just screws up other agencies who may need to respond to a scene. DPS 101 won't talk to Greenville PD on their channel because of encryption - Security companies often use at least Dispatch to keep up with happenings. Richardson at least kept the dispatch channel open. Crypt your TAC and DOPE channels, maybe even INFO. but why hide your dispatch channel from the people? Where is government transparency in that?

I can completely agree. Example, the Tornado that hit Rowlett.. If your talkgroups are encrypted then whats the point in calling mutual aid if the other agencies can't get access to the correct talkgroups? I mean even think of it this way that if they had talkgroups dedicated to mutual aid it'd be much harder to manage, when you have 25 people on 1 channel, then you split them about 5-10 channels your not really gonna coordinate anything, if you have Officer A looking for Officer B, and Officer B is on 1 of the many channels dedicated to mutual aid Officer A is gonna have to go through all channels, interrupting traffic to talk to Officer B, along with Rowlett has 3 dispatchers, good luck keep track of where people go in that situation, along with having to tell everyone to switch to the m/a channel(s) so much to do in an emergency.. I just wish he'd see it that way. It is a big issue.

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
I started hearing voice traffic on the new 700MHz frequencies this morning, and it sent me scrambling. It turns out I'm picking up the TxWARN site Houston Public Safety Northeast Simulcast... with the RS 800 MHz antenna... in COLLIN COUNTY. Holy crap!

What's funny is, I'm getting better voice decode from a Uniden scanner on this system in Houston, than I can get from PAWM. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.