2016 - MOSWIN-Missouri Statewide P25 - Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBman

TGID 23082 HAD MOCAP communicating with MSHP in Carter Co. On the Doniphan MO MOSWIN Tower.

Curious as to this possibly being a MOCAP I-OP TGID.

Troop F MOSWIN T/G During Snow Event

Heard a lot of chatter at Lake of the Ozarks on the following talk groups 1-19-2016:

29702 (I think this is the first time I've heard this TG)

RF23

Premium Subscriber
TG 5709?

On 1/21/16 on MOSWIN I heard TG 5709, the conversation appeared to be related to traffic problems.
It appears that the 5700 TGs are in New Madrid County.

Anyone know what TG 5709 is?

In looking into this I discovered that I had TG 5704 as New Madrid Fire but now it appears that the Fire TG is 5708. Has this been changed lately or did I just list the TG incorrectly before.

New Madrid County Talkgroups
DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
5701 1645 D NewMad All New Madrid County: All Multi-Dispatch
5702 1646 D NMad Travel New Madrid County: Travel Multi-Dispatch
5703 1647 D NMad Sheriff New Madrid County Sheriff Law Dispatch
5708 164c D NewMad Fire New Madrid County: Fire Fire Dispatch

wb0wao

Normally - but not always - TG's are assigned in somewhat of a logical order with room for expansion later on. Probably the NMCSO has the first five TG's 5703 - 5707 assigned to them. If they are using 5703 for dispatch, the other may be used as TAC channels, investigations, etc. now or in the future. If Fire/EMS dispatch is on 5708, I would consider it a safe bet that 5809 is going to be an Fire Ops/Fireground TG that would be used on scene to clear the dispatch TG.

Last edited:

wb0wao

Me thinks NMCSO may be using 5706 for encryption

That would make sense - they are following what Sikeston does. Run dispatch in the clear and everything else encrypted. I would leave the encrypted TG's in your group lists, I have heard traffic on supposed encrypted TG's in the clear before because the radio lost the key and unless you are looking at the control head really closely, you won't know that they are operating in the clear.

As a side note, does anyone know if MOSWIN has OTAR capability or do they have to physically load the key with a KVL?

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Normally - but not always - TG's are assigned in somewhat of a logical order with room for expansion later on. Probably the NMCSO has the first five TG's 5703 - 5707 assigned to them. If they are using 5703 for dispatch, the other may be used as TAC channels, investigations, etc. now or in the future. If Fire/EMS dispatch is on 5708, I would consider it a safe bet that 5809 is going to be an Fire Ops/Fireground TG that would be used on scene to clear the dispatch TG.

The RR Database for New Madrid MOSWIN has just been updated and it has TG 5709 as EMS.

I sure would have bet your were right on TG 5709 probably being Fire/Ops/Fire-ground as it seems to make the most sense.

wb0wao

I can wholeheartedly confirm that 5709 is used by New Madrid County EMS. They make a lot of runs to the two Cape Hospitals, and I heard them on a couple of occasions this weekend arriving/departing St. Francis Hospital on the Cape site.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
After listening to TG 5709 I am in full agreement with you and thanks for giving us such a good update!

17TLS02

Premium Subscriber
Hello

Hello, my name is Tyler Shaw may i join this conversation and thread. I listen to Troop F off of the Columbia Tower and surronding towers i live right outside of Rocheport,MO and listen to alot of Troop F.

17TLS02

Premium Subscriber
Hey also if you guys would like to listen to Centralia PD they are on the talkgroup below:

They are heard sometimes this channel is relatively quiet the towers that i have heard them on is Columbia Tower and Cooper County tower. This city is north of Columbia in Boone County and Hallsvillie is a little south of Centrialia. The town has a fire station which is Boone County Fire Station 10. The radio identifiers are below under the attachments.

Attachments

• BCFPD_Stations1.pdf
    112.7 KB · Views: 213
  • Radio Identifiers & Other Information.pdf
    375 KB · Views: 256

BillTheITGeek

I'm a MOSWIN rookie and need some advice on programming it into my BCD436HP. When I use the Sentinel utility to add departments (interested in the stuff around St. Charles Co), I get all of the sites around the state, and it appears the radio is scanning every site. What's the best way to narrow down the sites to the ones around me (O'Fallon)? Quick keys for each site? Avoids on the sites that I don't want? I assume either one would work.

Thanks... sincerely, a relatively inexperienced user.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
St Joe 700 mHz?

I have heard that St. Joe now has a 700MHz Site with Control Channel on 770.93125. Anyone in the area able to confirm? What Site ID?

Wally

talkpair

I have heard that St. Joe now has a 700MHz Site with Control Channel on 770.93125. Anyone in the area able to confirm? What Site ID?
From where I'm located, I can't pick the site up directly.

Here's a screen shot of Winston with an adjacent site that I haven't seen before. Dearborn and Lawson are also showing site 154 as a neighbor.

Attachments

• winston.png
    winston.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,112

talkpair

I took at look at Massman and see a new neighbor 152, using the same control channel frequency as site 154.

I returned to the Winston site to double check the site number, and it had not changed.

Makes me wonder if there's a site 153 up and running somewhere?

Attachments

• massman.png
    massman.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,093
Status
Not open for further replies.