Westland Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt530

Can anyone help me with the scanner systems in Westland. I have a bcd436hp scanner and I can't pick up Westland police. I have tried everything that I know, I'm two steps away from returning this scanner. The scanner app works fine on my iPhone. Thanks

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Walt530,

Westland Police Dispatch is on MPSCS talkgroup 22109.
It is listed in the Western Wayne Law Enforcement section of the Wayne County section of the MPSCS database.
I hope this helps,

-Gary

FPOWLD

Part of MPSCS ...Wayne County Simulcast System. Control Channel 853.3000. You can look up all the additional frequencies and talk groups (FD'S and PD's) that use that system here on RR. If you have trouble PM me.

Walt530

Thanks, do you know what system western wayne county uses, I tried all of them and nothing seems to work the only one that scans is the City of Dearborn.

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
Walt,

The City of Dearborn uses conventional non-truncked radios, that is likely why you are hearing them. The Westland, Inkster and Garden City police are on the MPSCS truncked system running digital P25 as GPMORRIS62 stated in his post.

To receive the agencies on the MPSCS you have to set up a system and add talkgroups in your radio. It is not like the old days when only entering a frequency enable one to receive the local police and fire.

Which brand and model radio are you using? If it is not APCO P25 capable you will not be able to listen to the MPSCS system. If your radio is APCO P25 capable you will need to read the manual to learn how to program via keypad on the radio or you could purchase software to program the radio that way. I recommend purchasing programming software.

Walt530

Being new to this, I don't understand the different system types. On my scanner it has seven different types listed, P25 Trunk, P25 X2 TDMA, P25 one frequency, Motorola, EDACS, LTR, Conventional. I found on the data base page that Westland Michigan uses system ( Project 25 phase 1). I don't know which one to use. I must still be doing something wrong when I'm programming it. I've watched a number of YouTube videos on it, I can't seem to get it.

GeneseeCoMI

Being new to this, I don't understand the different system types. On my scanner it has seven different types listed, P25 Trunk, P25 X2 TDMA, P25 one frequency, Motorola, EDACS, LTR, Conventional. I found on the data base page that Westland Michigan uses system ( Project 25 phase 1). I don't know which one to use. I must still be doing something wrong when I'm programming it. I've watched a number of YouTube videos on it, I can't seem to get it.

MPSCS is P25 trunk. Only put in the control (red and blue) frequencies for the closest tower to you.

The talkgroup for Westland PD Dispatch is 22109.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I tried putting that n but it just won't scan, I've got to be doing something wrong--so frustrated

What process are you using to put the data into the scanner? Are you using the Uniden supplied software, third party software, or entering it manually?

Sent via Tapatalk

Walt530

Into the scanner. All you have to do with this scanner is put in zip code, and the scanner will scan the data base for your area. The only problem is that it doesn't scan the area that I want, which is Westland. The system is supposed to be the P25 trunk, for Westland according to radioreference my system is " Project 25 Phase 1" I inquired and the"P25 Trunk" is the one and the same. I'll keep at it

phask

Premium Subscriber
It's in Sentinel, I'm assuming you have updated the database since you bought it, have the proper service types On and can actually receive MPSCS.

All this talk of I tried this and I tried that is confusing. Are you just entering the ZIP or trying something else?

Attachments

• 2016-01-11_edited.jpg
    2016-01-11_edited.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 402

DJMUF

First time answering on of these things. Live in Dearborn. First start new favorites file with old Western Wayne in it....only ONE POLE SITE-WAYNE COUNTY 853.3000 Then put in talk groups. You can't have Northville or Flat Rock in that favorites file.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
A common problem also seems to be whether the proper service types are enabled. I can't tell you how to check the service types but make sure all of the law service types (Law Dispatch, Law Tac, etc.) are enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.