louisville metrosafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofnjr46

I have a uniden bcd536hp i had it for a week i know how to program it, but i do not understand this metrosafe sys lou,ky

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm more than happy to help if you can be a little more specific on what you want to know. I'd rather not tell you how a clock is made if all you are looking for is the time.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also if you use Sentinel to create a Favorites List for the MetroSafe system, all the "stuff" you'll need is brought in.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I just tried creating a Favorites List for MetroSafe with Sentinel. The needed sites and talkgroups are created as they should be. Everything that your scanner is capable of "listening" to on the MetroSafe system is there.

If you are not receiving them, you should confirm the applicable service types are turned on in the scanner.

Attached is the HPE version of that download, in a zipped format. You can unzip and import it in Sentinel as a Favorites List. If you want to set up quick keys, you can (which is advisable).

The MetroSafe System has a mixture of clear and encrypted talkgroups. Many of those encrypted talkgroups have found their way in the database and as such are part of the download in Sentinel. However your scanner is unable to "listen" to them as they use encryption full time.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Happy to assist. Pretty interesting listening right now as they are in the midst of a workplace shooting and search for the suspects. LMPD 4, FIRE 1 and Mutual Aid 1 are the most active channels.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, and I can't get various parts of my body to work either.

We need a little more information.

OceanNora

As I understand it, Louisville EMS TGs are all encrypted. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've been told.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That is a fact - all EMS talkgroups on the MetroSafe system are encrypted.

There is a patch between Med Channel 1 Talkgroup and their old 462.975 frequency (listening to it as I type this).

wspicer

Feed Provider
Best scanner?

I know this is an old thread, but oldham county is getting ready to migrate to the metrosafe system. To continue my scanner feed, would you guys reccomend a scanner or mobile radio? Keep in mind i would be tuning a single site, the oldham county repeater that will be on the wave tower. Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd think that since you won't have to contend with possible simulcast distortion, a scanner would suffice.

I've been hearing some "scuttlebutt" about Oldham and Bullitt Counties migrating to MetroSafe using the ASR sites in the two counties. I have not heard they were moving from the old KSP post's tower in LaGrange to the WAVE tower, but I'm long out of the "official" loop.

Do you know if they are adding more channels? A few years ago they were kind of "frugal" on what talkgroups would be allowed to roam to the ASR sites because of channel limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.