audio3.broadcasting.com up & down more than usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
It's not uncommon, that when I check my feed in the morning, to see that my connection dropped at some point in the late night / early morning.
Last couple days, it's been up & down a lot more than normal. Is this just me &/or my ISP?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
It's not uncommon, that when I check my feed in the morning, to see that my connection dropped at some point in the late night / early morning.
Last couple days, it's been up & down a lot more than normal. Is this just me &/or my ISP?

Yup

jeb2942

Feed Provider
I'm in Portland, OR and I'm getting a lot of dropouts the last few days on both my feeds. It looks like the problem is internet routing in Seattle, Denver and Dallas. I've had three so far since 8am pst 9:06, 9:36 and 10:28. They are usually very short dropouts but they do disconnect the feeds.

n0nhp

As most consumer level ISPs do not support servers on their non-commercial accounts, it is kind of hard to get much help.
I suppose I was lucky that when I had my problems and discovered pingplotter the problems were in the "last mile". I kept after the service folks until finally one Sunday afternoon I managed to get the IP supervisor out to the house. I had a months worth of graphs printed out to show when and where the packets were being dropped.
I think I impressed him with my documentation.
Other than a line amp that had some heat problems, I have not had any problems since then.
If you can get your ticket elevated to a real tech, and if that tech is willing to give you an email address, and if they are willing to look. Taking some screen shots and sending them in, might get them to take a look at the configuration and make some repairs. It would obviously improve their service to all customers if packets don't get lost. However as we all know, unless it is actually costing them money or customers, there is not much incentive to get a "small problem" fixed.
My current ISP gripe is that although IPV6 has been around since the '90s and hardware commonly available since 2000, "There is no money available to upgrade the system".

Good luck with getting things working.

Bruce

joeuser

The Wretched
Well, you pretty much nailed it. My ISP denied there was a problem. I kept after them all day, they gave me a number for Level3. Level3 listened then told me my ISP had to take action. I called the ISP back & got a guy willing to run PingPlotter & saw the huge packet loss. It never dropped the connection while we talked though. He told me their NOC was probably already aware of the issue but he would still pass it along. It's been 24 hours since my last disconnect (which is why I'm taking time to write this) but I still see mass packet loss on 3 routers on Level3. So, I'm not sure if this is resolved or not.

On another note, PingPlotter is very nice. It's pricey though & I can't afford to lay out the $ for it (Unless I win the PowerBall tonight). I decided to look around for a freeware / open source alternative & I'm happy to share that I found something similar that's free & also very useful. It's called Ping Tracer & its at v. 1.5.2.0. Google - Ping Tracer codeplex & it should be the first result.

Thanks for the help & I hope this is helpful to everyone else.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

n0nhp

Thanks for the report and the new find, I am still running a many years old copy of ping plotter that was not so expensive. It looks like the new one does much more than I need.
Good luck, If the ISP sees that it is not getting what it is paying for, maybe they can get some action.

Bruce

dmoore12345

Feed Provider
audio3 drops

I have feeds on audio3 and audio1 and for the past week or so the audio3 drops every day or two, audio1 on the same computer never. What's odd is that on my end, its still showing connected? Anyone have similar issues?
To reconnect I have to go back to login/auto configure.

joeuser

The Wretched
I have feeds on audio3 and audio1 and for the past week or so the audio3 drops every day or two, audio1 on the same computer never. What's odd is that on my end, its still showing connected? Anyone have similar issues?
To reconnect I have to go back to login/auto configure.

Nope, I'm not seeing that with audio3. As a matter of fact, my connection has been more stable than before. Seems like my ISP/Level3 got things pretty much squared away.

dmoore12345

Feed Provider
Audio3

I have a feed on audio1 & 3 on the same computer and the one on 3 drops about once a day. I replaced sound card, cable, switched ports but no luck. I ended up just creating a reboot script that reboots when I get the "not seen in 15 min" email using outlook.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.