Belle PD (Kanawha County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi,
I'm located in NY, and I'm looking up information for someone else. Since I'm a little out of range for the area, I'm asking for some local help.

Belle PD is not listed in the RRDB, so I would assume they would be dispatched out on the county level. Looking up some information in this forum, I can find a few posting back from 2007 and 2009. Specifically, I'm looking to see if this is still the current information for Belle PD: http://forums.radioreference.com/we...wv-interoperability-system-25.html#post555251

So I guess the question comes down to, is Belle PD still dispatched on

Code:
Frequency 	License 	Type 	Tone 	Alpha Tag 	Description 	Mode 	
156.19500 	WPWE587 	RM	186.2 PL	KanCo MuniPD	Kanawha County Municipal Police - Dispatch - Upper Kanawha Valley Municipal PD's, Park Police and WV State University Police 	FMN 	Law Dispatch

What talk groups , if any, would additional support to Belle PD be on? The goal here is not to listen to most of the county, just Belle Police (or metro area dispatches).

Thanks for the help and info.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Hey w2lie. Nice to meet you:)

I know there are a couple other guys on here that are a whole lot closer than I am to Kanawha Co so they can probably help you better but I'll try to help you out the best I can.

Here recently it has sounded like to me that Belle PD along with the other municipalities are being dispatched on the Law LEB East talk group of the WV SIRN since lately I haven't heard any activity on the conventional frequency you listed above.

I used to be able to get them pretty good here on the conventional frequency but haven't heard anything lately on it so that makes me think that they have made the switch 100% to WV SIRN.

Hope this helps

73s

Chad

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hello W2LIE, The LEB east (6121) is the correct TG to listen to. The feed that FredVa mentioned is mine. They use 156.1950 only when the digital is down. I believe the unit numbers for Belle PD is 221 - 227.

Status
Not open for further replies.