Med com on med 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadjammer

Has anyone noticed that Med Com (AMR) has been transmitting their normal traffic on Med Channel 6 all day. They were having severe radio trouble on their regular channel all day yesterday.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Just monitored med-6 right now and a unit was signing on for the day. They asked if they were still going to be using med-6 today to which dispatch replied 'YES".

Manny

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Does anyone know the duration AMR will be using med 6 and does anyone have a code list for AMR new haven?

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
used to be:
4-need assistance
12- DOA
16 - ETOH
17 Psych
73 working fire
99- message received
100 code
200 trauma code

back in the day they actually had codes for bathroom breaks and Izzy will remember the famous 107-A which was squashed really quick

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
That code list is still accurate.
But inquiring minds want to know about the 107-A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I am working temporarily here in CT and have been monitoring the med channels and have been listening to AMR.

The codes I am interested in are the hospital codes. I hear the unit (290, Ect) sign on and say en route to hospital 17 or hospital 002. Does anyone have the code list of the hospitals?

Also,

Does anyone know the duration that AMR will remain on med 6?

GKENY044

Premium Subscriber
First number is the service level of the rig
2 is a BLS
5 is paramedic

The remaing numbers are the car number. ( this only applies to the AMR dispatch). I.e. 537

Anything between those numbers designates the agency . Alpha is New Haven Fire, Charlie are AMR cars, etc. there are threads here with the full listing. So when they are patching in or contacting medcom you will hear 5charlie37. Same rig as above. Or 5lpha1 (New Haven Fire Emergency 1)

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
I don't have hospital numbers.
The car numbers though are applicable to AMR only. Begins with a 2 is a BLS car. Begins with 5 is an ALS car. The second and third are the car number X01-almost 60 for the New Haven division. When operating in a CMED dispatcher is when the alphabet comes into play. 2Charlie30 or 5echo2 etc.
don't know who or where car 290 would be though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKENY044

Premium Subscriber
What area are you in? That also makes a big difference in what designations and codes are used

I am working temporarily here in CT and have been monitoring the med channels and have been listening to AMR.

The codes I am interested in are the hospital codes. I hear the unit (290, Ect) sign on and say en route to hospital 17 or hospital 002. Does anyone have the code list of the hospitals?

Also,

Does anyone know the duration that AMR will remain on med 6?

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
We are doing foundation drying at a large commercial facility in New Haven, CT.
I travel with a major large loss team and we are all over the country.
But I keep my XTS with national channels programmed in it, and I listen to MED channels with 167.9 selectable PL.

I worked down in New Haven years ago and remember when AMR was on low band, but now I came back and was surprised to hear them on MED 6.

leadjammer

MED COM on Med 6

Looks like AMR is off Med 6 and back 155.205.No longer hear them on 47.50, I find the volume very low on 155.205. Things were much louder and clearer on Med 6. Maybe because of the repeater on Med 6.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Remember the MED 6 repeater is on East Rock in New Haven so it has a great coverage area and also it puts out over 100 watts. I think 155.205 is still simplex and not repeated. Also it was originally used for the chair cars only.

leadjammer

Med Com on Med 6

Thanks for the info. Didn't know where the med 6 repeater was so that really explains the better reception for me in Hamden. 155.205 is simplex and that would explain why the cars are so hard to hear sometimes. Don't know why they stopped using 47.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.