BCT15X Trunking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

B5ive

I have had no issue with programming the conventional channels in as I have many standard non-trunking scanners over the years. Luckily in my are (Kitsap) there are not to many organizations using trunked systems. I finally bought myself a scanner that accepts trunking and decided to play around with programming it and for the life of me I can not seem to get it to work? The BCT15X manual is worthless and there are no step by step instructions or videos out there (at least that I have came across). There are a few steps when programming (System, Site, groups, etc..)? I see that there are control channels and then there are Talk group ID. I have noticed that on some other videos I watched all they programmed in was the control channels? If anybody out there has any tips (especially if you programmed in the Kitsap frequencies) I would greatly appreciated it...Thanks in advance

Voyager

All you need are the control channels. Make sure the Control Channel Only option is enabled.

You can use ID SEARCH which will let you hear everything you haven't locked out, or you can use ID SCAN which will only scan the TGs you have programmed in.

I can't believe there are no YouTube videos on the programming.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
According to the very bottom of the Kitsap county database entry, where we have all the trunk systems in your area...

Kitsap County, Washington (WA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The only 2 systems you could potentially hear would be the Boeing and Kitsap Local Government systems. All the others are not scannable with that radio, and the TRBOWEST system is not scannable with ANY scanner

Mike

B5ive

Thanks

All you need are the control channels. Make sure the Control Channel Only option is enabled.

You can use ID SEARCH which will let you hear everything you haven't locked out, or you can use ID SCAN which will only scan the TGs you have programmed in.

I can't believe there are no YouTube videos on the programming.

Thanks I am gonna mess with it when we get home tonight. I did end up finding a video last night that explained it a bit more. So I guess I don't need to adjust the band limit or fleet? When reading the manual those confused me. There really isn't much to listen to in my area that is trunked...just wanted to figure it out. Thanks again!

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Where do you live in Kitsap County? If you live near Puget Sound there's a good chance you'd be able to receive the Seattle-King County Public Safety system. It's analog (mostly). The BCT15X should do well with it if you can get a decent signal. An 800 MHz yagi-type directional antenna could help get a signal if need be.

B5ive

Thanks guys! I havnt been able to sit down with it and try again. Looks like for the most part the trunking frequencies in this area are only transportation and nothing I am really missing out on. But for those who asked I live in the east bremerton area but I am on Bainbridge quite a bit as I work on the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.