Jacksonville Fire Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

exportdawg

As of Today, Everything is Un-Encrypted. No sure about the MED Channels. But all the Fire Rescue Talk and Tacs are in the clear.

Fireboat03

Pepsima1 Duplicate Account
Banned
Just curious. Were these talkgroups encrypted and then Jacksonville decided to un-encrypt them?

Interesting

exportdawg

Just curious. Were these talkgroups encrypted and then Jacksonville decided to un-encrypt them?

Interesting

Understand they ran into issues with Mutual Aid with other counties. So they decided get rid of the encryption (Nice to see an agency reverse course).Props to them!

Fireboat03

Banned
This is a win for the department and also to our community to say that encryption is not always the best way to handle building out systems moving forward and locking everything down.

I would happen to say that LE is not going to change their mind at all?

exportdawg

This is a win for the department and also to our community to say that encryption is not always the best way to handle building out systems moving forward and locking everything down.

I would happen to say that LE is not going to change their mind at all?

I doubt LE will change.

Fireboat03

Banned
Maybe Uniden should throw a big scanner campaign out in Jacksonville this weekend to promote scanners to the public saying that everybody can listen to all fire frequencies now.

That would promote business. Whatever they have under their sleeve they should reveal it.

UPMan.... Go get em TIGER> TIGER BLOOD....................

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Did JFRD say anything to the media about the switching back to the open? And why the Encryption didn't work?

exportdawg

The Encryption worked fine, I think it was just a pain to keep doing Patches with Clay and Nassau Counties. Not sure about the media.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I see the update. I see the Hospitals are in "D" it was "E" did they change it cause out of town EMS units not able to talk to the Hospitals in "E" mode?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I see the update. I see the Hospitals are in "D" it was "E" did they change it cause out of town EMS units not able to talk to the Hospitals in "E" mode?

Doubtful. Out of town units were still likely using the UHF Medcom channels.

exportdawg

Will verify that the hospitals are in the clear this weekend. I head up to jax to change a scanner out on jfrd major feed
O

pawsrock

Jacksonville FCRS

Man now I wish I had sold GRE 500 and kept my 800But, at the time JFRD had been so long not in the clear and I needed some extra money. Hope I can get my hands on a used radio soon. I know their are many scanners but, what kind is everyone happy with for a good price.
Ron Fone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.