• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-8180 Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
Looking to use the DB25 in the rear to hook to TK-8180's up to make a repeater. Need to know which pins and which changes in the software to make for the pins.

Thanks

Last edited:

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I have seen that one but wanted to see what differences there would be with one way repeater for 2 8180's together.
Same thing. If your trying to mirror the pyramid svr200, that's doing the same thing back to back.

Based on what your just said, one way repeater, that's just rebroadcast.

kd4efm Evans, sent using TapTALK on my HTC M9

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
yeah UHF/UHF repeater (not crossband). I would probably have to disconnect a couple wires on the receive radio so it wouldnt try to talk on the input frequency if someone talked on the output of the repeater. I have found a few ways that people have wired them using different pins but I would guess that they assigned the pins in the software differently so basically I was just looking for something to go by since it is the first time I've actually hooked one up. I am going to hook them up to an id-o-matic IV as that is the plan that is going to happen once they all arrive next week. So if there is any info to do this, that would be great!

Ramjet555

Programming Accessory Functions for remote control

Would anyone be able to tell me what Microphone Audio INTO the Radio is called, what pin is it put on, what is the Kenwood terminology, I also need to run, the same functions as a Microphone cable to the RJ45
through the Accessory DB25.

The plan is to operate it remotely and or build a repeater out of two of them.

I've also encountered a problem where the radio shuts down for a second when the TX is pressed.
Radio simply refuses to transmit and acts as if the power has been disconnected.
Checked the power and the 12 volt supply does not change.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
That's an indication of not enough amps, or the CPU is bad. Aux. function is where you define the DB25 and mic options on the db25. If you got the radio on eBay, buyer beware.... always buy from a dealer.

Ramjet555

Yes, my power supply was too low. Problem disappeared when I started the car.
I brought it on Ebay without a problem.

I would like to know how to set Microphone Audio to enter the Radio via the rear accessory DB25. Can anyone tell me which input to select and what is Kenwood's name for it?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Go to extended function, and then tab modulation line. It's all right there... MI2 is the mic input. Pin 6 if I recall.

Ramjet555

Under Edit, Extended Function, Modulation Line, I've changed Mic PTT to connect and the diagram underneath shows M12 connected to Audio Processor.

In the AUX tab, The default Input Pins are 12, 13, 21, 23 &24

Does the Mic go on the input that has "External PTT (Voice) ?

Under External Device

Each Input has an option
External PTT (voice)
External PTT (Data)
Data PTT
CH/GID Select A
CH/GID Select B
CH/GID Select C
CH/GID Select
Speaker Mute
Mic Mute
External Monitor
External Hook
Emergencyt
Aux Input Status Message 1
Aux Input Status Message 2
Aux Input Status Message 3
Display Off

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
No, ptt is ptt. MI2 pin 6 is mic in

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
It's on the back of the radio on the DB25 connection

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
It's not a software switch.

Ramjet555

Again, There is way to program a Pin 6.
Under Aux, Extended Function, DB-25 the ONLY pins available for selecting
are 4,8,12, 13, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24

Are you saying that PIN 6 on the DB25 is "Fixed to Mic Input' and that pin cannot be used for any other purpose?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Again, There is way to program a Pin 6.
Under Aux, Extended Function, DB-25 the ONLY pins available for selecting
are 4,8,12, 13, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24

Are you saying that PIN 6 on the DB25 is "Fixed to Mic Input' and that pin cannot be used for any other purpose?

Are you telling me pin 6 is programmable??? or you stating there is NO WAY to program pin 6? Your confusing this thread.
I have the book / manual in front of me and i'm letting you know what pin is mic input on the back of the radio.
Why do you need to change it?
Help me understand your idea of this radio to radio concept.

Here is a repost to this..
this was posted earlier,
http://forums.radioreference.com/ke...-x180-mobile-cross-band-repeat-heres-how.html

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Hang on, lets redo this. I hang a second mic on the back of Kenwoods all the time, easy enough to do.

First question is, will the second mic be a Kenwood mic (normally KMC35 with a X180)? Reason I ask is that the Kenwood mic has two SEPARATE ground lines and both need to be connected to work. If your device is other than a second mic and has only one ground connection, use pin 7 on the 25 pin connector and don't worry about hooking anything to pin 25.

Here is the wiring from mic to 25 pin connector:

MIC > 25 PIN Connector

Pin3 "E" ground > Pin7 Ground
Pin4 PTT > Pin24 AuxI/O1
Pin5 "ME" Mic Ground > Pin25 Mic Ground
Pin6 MIC > Pin6 "MI2" External Voice In

Then go to Edit>Extended Function>Aux and program Pin24 AuxI/O1 as Input, "External PTT (Voice)", and active low. Then move over to Edit>Extended Function>Modulation line and program External PTT (Voice) as Mic=Disconnect, MI2=Connect, DI=Disconnect and yes for both the QT and STE boxes.

All there is to it. Works fine business.

Last edited:

celltech25

Have u been able to get a kmc-35 to connect to the db25 of a 5720 and it work.

I have tried numerous ways and it keys the radio constantly as soon as the mic is plugged in. I can use pyramid rptr or a setcom headset without issue but not a kmc-35

And Kenwood tech support is useless

Status
Not open for further replies.