Armstrong County, Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucket160

Why isn't the feed working. Sucks when I'm responding to a call and can't turn the scanner app on to listen to what's being dispatched. Not every firefighter in the county has their own radio so this is basically our only way of hearing the actual feed come across once our pagers go off. It'd be much different if we still used voice dispatching but we don't get voice dispatched. It's all digital.

Nasby

Why not buy your own scanner to have with you on all those Hot Calls in Armstrong?
Then you won't have to rely on someone else's generosity of providing a FREE live audio feed.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
That feed is provided by maxtrac300.

I see both his feeds are offline. May be a computer or internet issue. I would contact the broadcaster for further information. He may be discontinuing his feeds. You or someone else in your area may want to take this feed over if that is the case..

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Why isn't the feed working. Sucks when I'm responding to a call and can't turn the scanner app on to listen to what's being dispatched. Not every firefighter in the county has their own radio so this is basically our only way of hearing the actual feed come across once our pagers go off. It'd be much different if we still used voice dispatching but we don't get voice dispatched. It's all digital.

So, it's the feed providers fault that your department doesn't supply the proper equipment? No emergency personnel should have to rely on an Internet feed for emergency response. It is delayed and can be unreliable. The feed is there for the public and not emergency personnel.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
So, it's the feed providers fault that your department doesn't supply the proper equipment? No emergency personnel should have to rely on an Internet feed for emergency response. It is delayed and can be unreliable. The feed is there for the public and not emergency personnel.
Not to mention the legal / liability issues.

Voyager

I don't know of any volunteer department that gives everyone in the department a radio - especially when they cost $3K each.

When you get paged, you respond to the station. Carry your pager in case you are canceled on the way there.
Of course, in this case as they are text pagers that may be a liability in and of itself.

No liability issues exist for the radios. It's been that way for decades. If it's someone who needs communications, they get a radio. For everyone else, they get one at the station or off a truck.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I don't know of any volunteer department that gives everyone in the department a radio - especially when they cost $3K each.

When you get paged, you respond to the station. Carry your pager in case you are canceled on the way there.
Of course, in this case as they are text pagers that may be a liability in and of itself.

No liability issues exist for the radios. It's been that way for decades. If it's someone who needs communications, they get a radio. For everyone else, they get one at the station or off a truck.

This is why I'm glad we're still on conventional high band AND never converted to those awful alpha pagers. In the 90's the County wanted everyone on alphas. A few suckers switched. A few that had them on their own dispatch kept them when going to 911. We told the county to get bent when they asked us to go alpha. Every one of them dropped them and went back to the much better voice pagers.
Our officers and engineers get radios the rest of us have to buy our own. But since we're still high band it's not as bad as dropping a few thousand. Our Chief owns a radio shop so we all buy from him & get them programmed. Keeps the ones that shouldn't have a radio from having one. I actually don't even use my radio much lately. I haven't updated it since we changed our ops channel so I just use my pager or the old scanner in my truck unless we switch to the fire ground channel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.