St. Clair county. What is DMR and what is not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know the county fire departments are DMR along with pell city pd, moody PD and leeds pd. I am looking to isolate the DMR frequencies for raw audio recording. I have found the DMR frequencies for county fire. The PD frequencies are a little harder to find. The ones listed in the database aren't used anymore or are analog for backup. I have searched the FCC website for the DMR channels for Pell city, moody and leeds PD but I cannot tell which are dmr. Anyone know if the FCC has a page that lists the used dmr frequencies for the police agencies listed above?

medic9351301

Banned
Try 159.090 pell city pd
Try 154,220 pell city fd
Try 155.6025 moody pd
Try 158.805. moody fd.

As for the fcc designator look for 7K60FXE for voice
Hope this helps

medic9351301

Banned
Those are what i hear the dmr data on. 99,9 percent sure they are correct active dispatch channels.
Wish i could rx pell city wife has family there .
Thought about getting a dmr radio of ebay and programing to them freqs but dont know if that will wirk

159.09 is Pell City FD now. I have searched everywhere and cannot locate a PCFD channel even on the fcc website. What the fcc lists as PD is now fire. Unless two agencies can talk on the same trbo channel at the same time using different color codes but I highly doubt it

morganAL

I'm not a Trbo expert but it is TDMA and Police could be on one timeslot and Fire on the other and both be on the same frequency.

159.09 is Pell City FD now. I have searched everywhere and cannot locate a PCFD channel even on the fcc website. What the fcc lists as PD is now fire. Unless two agencies can talk on the same trbo channel at the same time using different color codes but I highly doubt it

medic9351301

Banned
If u can decode it pell city pd are 800 series units.since i have no way to decode it.
My other suggestion is if u can decode it. Put all the freqs for pell city and search

medic9351301

Banned
Morgan ,al

Please. Explain how how that is possible.i know a couple of agencies that are conventional that share one freq for both pd and fd.is it different on tmda

morganAL

TDMA used by MotoTrbo divides a single RF channel into 2 talkpaths. It is basically the same as P-25 Phase II. The underlying protocols are different but the end result is that a single RF channel is divided into 2 timeslots and there can be be 2 simultaneous conversations on a single RF channel. I saw a good article on it a while back and it had some really good diagrams that simplified it but I can't find it now. Look at this: http://www.motorolasolutions.com/co...static_files/why_digital_white_paper_5_08.pdf Goto page 9 and look at the diagram. The diagram pretty much applies to any 2-slot TDMA system.

Hopefully, my answer was at least as clear as mud.

morganAL

BTW, from what I have been told, AOR now makes a scanner that can monitor MotoTrbo and a number of other digital modulations.

zac

Premium Subscriber
I was just wondering what'd is up with the st Clair co live feed for police fire ems. I used to hear all the agencies on it plus lifesaver aircraft and their dispatch. However for the past few months all I've heard is ham radio traffic. Anyone have any thoughts?

So far I have discovered that 155.01 and 154.71 are repeater inputs and 159.09 is the only rx frequency so far. These three are listed as PD but 159.09 is also used for FD.

nicetoad31

Premium Subscriber
I can not believe I tripped across this thread finally. I have the Uniden 436 with the DMR upgrade. Every local DMR channel I hear is garbled. Did anyone else find these active channels and get any voice traffic from them? Did I just blow a lot of cash to find out my area is full of encrypted radios?

medic9351301

Banned
All St. Clair County fire departments are using DMR with enhanced privacy with the exception of Moody FD.
Moody PD, Pell City PD are also on DMR and use enhanced privacy.
Most police agencies in the county still use Law North and Law South on the analog VHF side that can be found in the database on this site.
You can still listen to the analog vhf channel that the fire depts are paged on but you will only be able to hear dispatch and not any units.

The chance of the general public gaining access to the security keys is highly unlikely.

:mad: :mad:
All St. Clair County fire departments are using DMR with enhanced privacy with the exception of Moody FD.
Most police agencies in the county still use Law North and Law South on the analog VHF side that can be found in the database on this site.
You can still listen to the analog vhf channel that the fire depts are paged on but you will only be able to hear dispatch and not any units.

The chance of the general public gaining access to the security keys is highly unlikely.

Give credit where credit is due please...

I can not believe I tripped across this thread finally. I have the Uniden 436 with the DMR upgrade. Every local DMR channel I hear is garbled. Did anyone else find these active channels and get any voice traffic from them? Did I just blow a lot of cash to find out my area is full of encrypted radios?

Yes you did however with as unprofessional as most of these volunteer and even some paid department personnel are its best if the public does not hear what needless worthless useless and private information is said over these radios. Im not bashing but some people dont think before they speak on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.