Highland, Illinois PD and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9klc

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know are the Highland, IL police and fire still able to be received? I asked someone that I thought would know and he said they're encrypted now and there's no receiving them. Just wondering if anyone can verify what's going on. I read what it said on Radio Reference but even that info seemed vague to me.

I'm totally new to all this "new digital" stuff and am trying to figure out which scanner I need to get the best coverage here in Highland.

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been addressed, I did a search but a search revealed only the radio reference data page and I've already read that.

Thanks
KB9KLC

ducksoup65

Premium Subscriber
P25 100% encryption. No more monitoring Highland police, fire or EMS. Unless they are talking to Madison County, that seems to be the same although when Highland talks, you can hear them for MILES!!

kb9klc

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks. That was the answer I had gotten here locally from a couple guys, just wanted to verify. I don't know that it would do too much good to just listen when they're talking to MadCo, Again, thanks.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I don't listen 100% to Madison Co by any means but I know there is still dispatching done on many VHF channels. Just last week I was hearing lots of traffic on the high band channels.

154.430 Mad Co
154.385 Alton
151.340 Granite City
154.175 Is still being used but I am not 100% for sure for who.

Not sure on these.....
154.250 and 154.145

Thought I heard them still being used at least for dispatching.

I still have/had the Highland PD 453.050 in. Are they not simulcasting on it?

What about Fairview Heights?

Thanks for the updates. I guess I need to update my files on my scanner.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
Fairview Hts. is on StarCom St Clair Co., CC 851.2250, TG 7220

ISP still uses old High Band 154.665 when Starcom goes down or occasionally troopers will Car to car
With it.
Tom

kb9klc

Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard anything on 453.050 for a while now. i don't know if they still use it occasionally or not. I know some fire departments are still using tone outs on 154.250... I think Edwardsville is still on 453.975 (pd).. Sad about Highland, I guess they had some good reason to go there. (to keep people from listening I suppose).

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
I have not heard anything on 453.05 since the switch. For about 2 weeks after they switched they were not encrypted and the signal was super clear! Then they turned on the encryption and now the only thing thats not encrypted is the morse ID. I also do not know why they did use encryption... seeing as they are the only PD/FD/EMS in the whole region that uses it. My concern is that they have now alienated their community from monitoring their activities... In this day and age of accountability, this could be a bad thing! I do however, think that they should have a PD tactical channel that should be encrypted. I will inquire from the city manager on the reason for full encryption on all public safety freqs.

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
P25 100% encryption. No more monitoring Highland police, fire or EMS. Unless they are talking to Madison County, that seems to be the same although when Highland talks, you can hear them for MILES!!

Just curious, which freq are you referring to for the "unless they are talking to Madison County"?

ducksoup65

Premium Subscriber
If Highland (Fire/EMS) is talking to Madison County on the analog Madison County Fire channel or PD is talking on the Starcom TGs, those are all in the clear. Highland's Madison County Fire base station really gets out, that is what I was referring to as being able to hear for miles.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Highland P25 Encrypted

Clear-cut. Simple. As the database states. No additional research or thought needed.

They are now on VHF P25, encrypted. Not monitor-able.
From what I can tell, Fire and EMS are still toned-out/paged on 154.43, County Fire. Response/Ops is on P25 repeater.

There is an additional repeater pair listed below that I have yet to hear in use.

Considering all the towns around them are on STARCOM21, it made complete sense to go to P25 Encrypted VHF frequencies. NOT!

So, another one that can not be listened to.

Aside from Collinsville Police, this was one of the few police agencies in the area that were on UHF.

Terry

Highland
NextLevel.gif
*10/14 FCC Modification to KEG908 adding 159.2025 Repeater with 155.5425 (NFM)
*151.0925 NAC 384 heard in Godfrey TG=1, RIDs= 2452, 49153 (Voice Decodeable 4/15/15) (All encrypted late 2015)

Frequency Input
License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
153.79250 WQVQ384 RM384 NACHigh PolicePolice: Dispatch [Encrypted*] P25 Law Dispatch
453.05000 458.05000 KEG908 RM203.5 PLHigh*PolicePolice: Dispatch - Old FMN Deprecated
158.88750 WQVQ385 RM385 NACHigh FireFire [Encrypted] P25 Fire Dispatch

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Yep. Makes perfect sense. Encrypt everything on your end now no mutual aid or neighboring responding department can hear you or talk to you. Mr Spock would say "So illogical".

Status
Not open for further replies.