Tohono o Odham Fire West

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I got a CloseCall hit on 163.1750, PL 100.0 as I went between Why and Ajo this afternoon, it sounded much like the Sells FD traffic on 170.125 I heard earlier this afternoon further east.

Can anyone verify this is actually used by one of the FD's in the Tohono o Odham Nation before I submit it? I think it may have been a transmitter on a peak hear there for the west end of the reservation.

kd7ckq

I have that as a ICE freq.. Might have a new user now as my info is several years old. L12 Net 28 from the SWFD 10th Edition.

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
It might be the repeater input for Sells FD. 163.175 is a input/mobile allocation. It is also the same PL as Sells FD.

Federal VHF/UHF Channel Plans - The RadioReference Wiki

That's kind of the direction I was heading for but then I was hearing both sides thru a repeater. I wonder if it isn't some sort of link or remote station.

That was the first time I went thru there, we had been at AZ Mills and decided to go home the long way, thru Casa Grande and the reservation then thru Why and Ajo. I know the res has a couple disconnected sections, is one of them the area around Ajo and to the west? Could it be a remote base for that area?

SCPD

QRT
Federal agencies are no longer allowed to use VHF frequencies for links, they all have to use UHF.

That is some "detour" to get home you took! You might as well have taken a side trip to Organ Pipe NM while you were at it!

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I got a CloseCall hit on 163.1750, PL 100.0 as I went between Why and Ajo this afternoon, it sounded much like the Sells FD traffic on 170.125 I heard earlier this afternoon further east.

Can anyone verify this is actually used by one of the FD's in the Tohono o Odham Nation before I submit it? I think it may have been a transmitter on a peak hear there for the west end of the reservation.

Rich,

Do you remember any of the engine numbers ? Perhaps we can cross reference with a TOO station.

TOO does not follow all of the rules ...

N9JIG

Sheriff
Unfortunately I was not logging engine numbers, I was driving and watching the scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.