King County System

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I was at SEA TAC yesterday hoping to scan King County Mot type 2 system. Then when it didn't work I went to the forums to learn of rebanding. Would somebody up there please do the work to find the correct control channels and update the radio reference database? I could barely get the one control channel listed in the forums when I was at the airport. I suspect there is a closer site I am unaware of? Basically all I could scan was the trunked port system at the airport? This work is important for future scanner owners because the new scanners are becoming dependant on the rrdb file. Please, somebody take the time to post the rebanded and correct site info.

RBMTS

I'm not sure what you were looking at but the database is updated with all of the current and necessary primary and alternate control channels for King County / Valleycom; EPSCA, and Seattle main sites. Each site is marked as rebanded. If you were at SeaTac then you probably had the Valleycom site programmed up. It should have worked. I don't know why it didn't for you. But none the less, the information in the database for the 3 primary sites is updated. The only thing we still need to update is the smaller "Intellipeater" sites that are used in the mountain passes and tunnels.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Ok sounds good next time I'm up there I'll load the valleycom site. I was only using site 001 and wasn't hearing much.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Could someone send me or submit the correct info for the intelli sites so I can get those corrected.

SCPD

QRT
Could someone send me or submit the correct info for the intelli sites so I can get those corrected.

Sounds like an incompetent user to me... his little rant about how this or that doesn't work and then admits he only tried the Columbia Tower site.

Probably didn't have the correct site or the custom band plan for rebanding.

jondeaux

No issues here on my 436hp. I go through Sea-Tac and Renton area often with my scanner, KC/VC works down south, EPSCA works north and east

Yes I would be interested in knowing those Intellipeter sites, I go up to the mountains often.

My experience with catching SPD or KC going south is I can usually catch them all the way down to Lakewood, usually drops between Lakewood and the Fort Lewis area. Ill be down in Federal Way tomorrow. Ill try to take a screen shot to show its working for me

Last edited:

RBMTS

Jon -
Please submit the data to the DB if you can come up with any control channels for the fill-in Intellipeater sites. I plan to take a day and run around with my notebook and Trunker to pull some of the pass and mountain data. But if you can pull some from down south that would be a huge help. Make sure to submit the site number and name of the site if possible. I will then update the DB accordingly.

OriginalJimbo

Premium Subscriber
Something seems to have changed with the EPSCA Site. I was picking it up fine until about 2 days ago. Now it is silent for me. Still able to get ValleyComm fine. Like a typical user, nothing changed on my scanner :)

RBMTS

EPSCA is alive and well. Do you have all of the control channels programmed in? Perhaps the site rolled to one of the other CC frequencies. I recently updated the CC information in the DB. If you have not updated your site setup in your scanner you might not have all of the necessary CC's to link to the site. Just a thought.

OriginalJimbo

Premium Subscriber
EPSCA is alive and well. Do you have all of the control channels programmed in? Perhaps the site rolled to one of the other CC frequencies. I recently updated the CC information in the DB. If you have not updated your site setup in your scanner you might not have all of the necessary CC's to link to the site. Just a thought.

That was exactly it Randy. My error completely. CC rolled and I had misentered it. DOH all is well again.

OriginalJimbo

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I am baffled again. I was listening to EPSCA until about 3-4 hours ago. Then it went silent again. I have rechecked all of my frequencies, they are entered correctly. I can still pick up the Seattle site and ValleyCom but EPSCA can't get a freq lock. Anyone know what CC is being used right now.

<Hands on face>

RBMTS

The EPSCA Simulcast system is temporarily down due to the storm. You can program in either Seattle or ValleyCom and listen the the TG's normally associated with the EPSCA site.

SCPD

QRT
Always have Site 1 and Site 6 CC's in for backup to EPSCA. This is pretty rare that EPSCA is down completely but it does happen, obviously...

code3kid

I was in skykomish recently and the DB info for the Sobieski intellipeater site seemed to be accurate. I had KCSO north dispatch working perfectly.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I am baffled again. I was listening to EPSCA until about 3-4 hours ago. Then it went silent again. I have rechecked all of my frequencies, they are entered correctly. I can still pick up the Seattle site and ValleyCom but EPSCA can't get a freq lock. Anyone know what CC is being used right now.

<Hands on face>

Everyone is right. You need to have all the CCs of a given site to monitor it. Control channels rotate like every 12 hours or so I believe, so you need to have all the channels; the red (main) control channel, and all the blue (alternate) control channels. That applies anywhere they use a Motorola network-not just here in Seattle metro.

mikegilbert

MHz so good
Sounds like an incompetent user to me... his little rant about how this or that doesn't work and then admits he only tried the Columbia Tower site.

Probably didn't have the correct site or the custom band plan for rebanding.

I've been seeing quite a bit of "do the legwork for me" / "spoonfeed me information" requests lately. Same thing with people joining the forum, then demanding someone put up an online stream with XXXX talkgroup.

Unreal.

hatchetation

Everyone is right. You need to have all the CCs of a given site to monitor it. Control channels rotate like every 12 hours or so I believe, so you need to have all the channels; the red (main) control channel, and all the blue (alternate) control channels. That applies anywhere they use a Motorola network-not just here in Seattle metro.

Maybe it's the exception that proves the rule, but I've been monitoring KCERS Seattle Simulcast for the past two months, and the primary control channel has never rotated AFAICT. (My receiver is software-based, I'm fairly familiar with the source, and don't think it has any way to follow control channel changes - it certainly isn't programmed with any alternate control channels.)

Status
Not open for further replies.