Alpine SAR mission at St. Mary’s Glacier??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

SAR

Have you tried 155.160 locally?

VHF is MRA's primary means of communication. Unless there's a DTRS tower in the immediate area (and admittedly I haven't looked at the map while writing) you won't capture a talkgroup.

And the VHF Freq's used by MRA (Alpine Rescue and Rocky Mountain Rescue) probably aren't getting out of that area. You'd have to be at the base of the Glacier to hear anything.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Update: At my office in Lakewood (which has pretty good reception for a lot of things) I'm getting faint traffic on 155.235. I'm also hearing RMR's DTR channel, as noted previously.

Usually, it seems like most Alpine calls have a lot of 800 traffic just from people going en-route, coordinating team assignments & equipment/vehicle needs etc., even before anyone arrives on-scene. But, I heard none for this call. Regardless they are clearly active today.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Update: After seeing this Boulder County authorities search for missing 20-year-old I'm thinking the traffic on RMR's DTR Channel and MRA-2 was for the Boulder call. During lunch today I might have heard 1 transmission on Jeffco SO primary from an Alpine member (not totally sure), but other than that, I don't think I've heard any other traffic re: Alpine's call.

Maybe it's just a terrible area for radio traffic and they are using nothing but simplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.