Emory University

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Does anyone monitor Emory University? I was on campus this weekend. I noted that it appears the 800MHz trunked system is now offline. The 900MHz system is still online but very quiet, I only heard very limited traffic, likely on talkgroup 4336. I note that Emory now has some talkgroups on the DeKalb County P25 trunked system. The Conference Center was active on 463.875/D031. Somewhere there has to be a lot of radio traffic for facilities and maintenance related to the university and the hospitals. Is that all now on the DeKalb system?

DanRollman

Database Admin
Does anyone monitor Emory University? I was on campus this weekend. I noted that it appears the 800MHz trunked system is now offline. The 900MHz system is still online but very quiet, I only heard very limited traffic, likely on talkgroup 4336. I note that Emory now has some talkgroups on the DeKalb County P25 trunked system. The Conference Center was active on 463.875/D031. Somewhere there has to be a lot of radio traffic for facilities and maintenance related to the university and the hospitals. Is that all now on the DeKalb system?

It seems that virtually all hospital related traffic (both at EUH and Emory Midtown) are now on the DeKalb P25 system, including public safety and maintenance.

Emory University PD is also on the DeKalb P25 system.

Emory University non-public safety personnel (like facilities types) seem to be split between the old EU 900 MHz analog system and the DeKalb P25 system. For example, the parking office seems to have made the migration to the DeKalb system. It is unclear to me exactly which EU non-public-safety personnel have transition to the DeKalb system and which are still on the 900 analog system.

Dan

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks for the reply, Dan. I'm not in the area often enough to do much monitoring so I appreciate your insight. I'll create a submission to remove the 800MHz sites from the Emory University trunked system. And I'll pay more attention to activity on the DeKalb system when I'm there next time.

DanRollman

Database Admin
It seems that virtually all hospital related traffic (both at EUH and Emory Midtown) are now on the DeKalb P25 system, including public safety and maintenance.

Emory University PD is also on the DeKalb P25 system.

Emory University non-public safety personnel (like facilities types) seem to be split between the old EU 900 MHz analog system and the DeKalb P25 system. For example, the parking office seems to have made the migration to the DeKalb system. It is unclear to me exactly which EU non-public-safety personnel have transition to the DeKalb system and which are still on the 900 analog system.

Dan

Seems like even more Emory University talkgroups have made the move to the DeKalb P25 system. The 900 MHz system is really, really quiet. I'm not sure it is still being used at all, but I've set a Discovery up on my 436 and will let it run for a few days to see.

It would be great if Emory would shut the 900 MHz system off. The control channel uses the same frequency as the Delta Air Lines DMR system control channel at the airport. I can hear audio on the Delta DMR voice frequencies really well in my office in midtown Atlanta, but can't track the system from there because the Emory Motorola control channel smothers the Delta DMR control channel from that location. But for the Emory 900 control channel, the Delta DMR system could be tracked much further from the airport.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.