HP-2: Sale Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Amazon.com (JB Tools) is offering the Homepatrol 2 for $394.14 new not reconditioned. Just seen it moments ago only 5 left. Hurry, if your interested

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Home Patrol 2

Amazon.com (JB Tool) has just raised the price to $409.99. Still a good price, only 6 left.

bobmich52

Yes, I have been watching the prices on the HP 2 for awhile now& this is the best price found, So I added my 2nd HP 2 for my office @ Home.

What sucks is its Stuck in saddle river NJ, I wonder why??

Hopefully get it by Tues

With stated price & I had $135.00 in Amazon cards 2 use, $260 outta my pocket aint a bad deal 4 a new HP 2

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Just ordered my HP-2 @ $356

Last Thursday ifrom Amazon it is their "open box" a discount on a return or damaged box but working fine with all supplied accessories and covered under Unidens warranty program. Saving $60 is great !

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Big Sale Over! Hp2

I see that Amazon's price has creeped up to $442.00. I also checked Bearcat Warehouse their price went from $430.00 to $480.90. I guess the sales are over for now!

Great time to sell your used Hp2!

bobmich52

I see that Amazon's price has creeped up to $442.00. I also checked Bearcat Warehouse their price went from $430.00 to $480.90. I guess the sales are over for now!

Great time to sell your used Hp2!

Yes, I got mine from Amazon/JB tools for $ 394 subtract a $135 in amazon cards , Not a bad deal

BUT

Programmed my favorites list in & for whatever reason it would not take Manchester CT pd freqs But it worked fine 4 the rest of my local freqs

I have win 7 & sentinel was updated, The sentinel has not worked right @ all for me, Even 4 my HP 1's

My solution was since I bought a HP 2 from bearcat warehouse for about $394 in November & had them program some things that included MPD, I bought a SD card & had them program it the same & that solved the problem

SD card, programmed 2 counties @ all state freqs ,shipping, $55 out the door

A new HP 2 for my office @ $310 still not bad But lesson learned still, BE SURE you can use the sentinel on it Or you will have the problem I had

Good time 2 sell them used Maybe, But I have a 436 Barely used & about a yr old That's collecting dust since I could not figure it out & just gave up, But would sell it 4 the right price

My 396t is 11 yrs old & still works great

WQPW689

Yes, I got mine from Amazon/JB tools for $ 394 subtract a $135 in amazon cards , Not a bad deal

BUT

Programmed my favorites list in & for whatever reason it would not take Manchester CT pd freqs But it worked fine 4 the rest of my local freqs

I have win 7 & sentinel was updated, The sentinel has not worked right @ all for me, Even 4 my HP 1's

My solution was since I bought a HP 2 from bearcat warehouse for about $394 in November & had them program some things that included MPD, I bought a SD card & had them program it the same & that solved the problem

SD card, programmed 2 counties @ all state freqs ,shipping, $55 out the door

A new HP 2 for my office @ $310 still not bad But lesson learned still, BE SURE you can use the sentinel on it Or you will have the problem I had

Good time 2 sell them used Maybe, But I have a 436 Barely used & about a yr old That's collecting dust since I could not figure it out & just gave up, But would sell it 4 the right price

My 396t is 11 yrs old & still works great

I'm not quite sure what your problem was. What software did Bearcat Warehouse use to program the card? HP Sentinel or somehow a version of Arc Patrol for your favorites? They had to use HP Sentinel for the proper firmware and the updated database.

I understand these SD card based scanners may be unfamiliar to many long time scanner enthusiasts. But if all they did was ship you a new programmed SD card, that shows there were no defects in the scanner. And at least in the version of Home Patrol Sentinel they were using.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
I would consider if they are available

A factory returned one as posted below mine was $356 shipped and it looked never opened

Of course another buyer may not have the same luck.

***But it appears now after numerous complaints from "new" ordered hp 436 and hp2 owners that Amazon warehouse staff inspects the returned scanners, discounts and lists them such on the site. for any issues before listing them as a "returned sale unit " as some in the past were sold as new and were not I that condition when received.

.......saves you money

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
/QUOTE]

Just a point of interest, Manchester PD has two woking channels, PD1 & PD2. PD 1 (460.1250) should be no problem to download. PD2 is encrypted, no one can receive PD2 with any scanner.

Perhaps, your problem with the Hp2 and Sentinel is that you might not have the correct version of Sentinel installed on your computer??? HP2's require the newer Sentinel software download introduced when the Hp2 came on the market.

bobmich52

I'm not quite sure what your problem was. What software did Bearcat Warehouse use to program the card? HP Sentinel or somehow a version of Arc Patrol for your favorites? They had to use HP Sentinel for the proper firmware and the updated database.

I understand these SD card based scanners may be unfamiliar to many long time scanner enthusiasts. But if all they did was ship you a new programmed SD card, that shows there were no defects in the scanner. And at least in the version of Home Patrol Sentinel they were using.

Just finished manually programming my Favs list 4 my office HP 2, Good listening day, Much snow a dropping

My version of sentinel says all updated, What version was used by BCW unknown, I downloaded the version I have from the uniden website

Back on Topic

Be Patient folks on the HP 2 prices, I just kept checking Amazon & the BCW sites & when you start seeing them go down about every 2 days when it starts, Its usually the 4th price drop is when it went down 2 below $400 4 me

Status
Not open for further replies.