BCD436HP/BCD536HP: I'm I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I sent in my 436 for repair and it was just returned. Besides the noticeable difference in screen color (and the fact that I didn't get a pen or bottle opener :p), almost everything seems to be working great. However, I thought that part of the RTC fix was to allow for time stamps on recordings so we can have an idea of when they occurred. However, when I play back my recordings, the time display is the present time, not the time of the actual recording. I'm I missing something here or is this the way it's supposed to be?

tampatracker

As far as I know there has been no additional feature (update) added on the 436 to enable time and date stamping on recorded transmissions. The "repair campaign" UPMan describes in the sticky does not add that feature, unless it flew right over my head. This would be a great addition to the 436/536 arsenal for a future firmware upgrade. I got used to this feature on my PSR 800/ Whistler1080.

tampatracker

I must partially correct myself. There is a date stamp that will show up when using the replay option under the settings menu, but negative on a time stamp.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
My 436HP appears to both date and time stamp all recordings I make. The date/time will of course have to be set correctly in the radio for it to accurate.

The time is the last 6 digits of the recorded ID label on the wave files and is in a 24 hours format.

It gives hours, minutes and seconds of each broadcast made (after the date).

tampatracker

My 436HP appears to both date and time stamp all recordings I make. The date/time will of course have to be set correctly in the radio for it to accurate.

The time is the last 6 digits of the recorded ID label on the wave files and is in a 24 hours format.

Okay thank you I will have to double check my own unit to see if I can find that too. Is that on Sentinel or is that in the radio itself?

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber

You are correct. Mine shows that too. But I was referring to the time on the upper right portion of hot screen during playback. It shows real time, not time of recording. Not really a deal breaker as I can still have a reference with the way you described it. But it would be nice to have.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Okay thank you I will have to double check my own unit to see if I can find that too. Is that on Sentinel or is that in the radio itself?

sflmonitor; said:
You are correct. Mine shows that too. But I was referring to the time on the upper right portion of hot screen during playback. It shows real time, not time of recording. Not really a deal breaker as I can still have a reference with the way you described it. But it would be nice to have.

OK Guys I think I may see what you are saying, are you referring to the playback displayed on the radio itself?

I was referring to the playback on a computer using one of several different scanner wave playback programs or by just looking at the wave files themselves in the radio by using a computer. Therefore, my comments may not be of much help as it has been so long since I used my scanners to playback recordings I cannot remember what all they show.

Sorry for the confusion, but I am now interested in finding the answer myself to the question being asked as I do remember that the playback on my HP-1 was so real looking more than once I mistook it for live action.

tampatracker

sflmonitor; said:

OK Guys I think I may see what you are saying, are you referring to the playback displayed on the radio itself?

I was referring to the playback on a computer using one of several different scanner wave playback programs or by just looking at the wave files themselves in the radio by using a computer. Therefore, my comments may not be of much help as it has been so long since I used my scanners to playback recordings I cannot remember what all they show.

Sorry for the confusion, but I am now interested in finding the answer myself to the question being asked as I do remember that the playback on my HP-1 was so real looking more than once I mistook it for live action.

I am referring to the playback screen on the radio itself. I see the date as the first digits on the left hand side and then I see the time at which it started the recording for instance 14 - 57 then I see another numeral after a dash which in my case is 50 which I have no clue about. When playing the actual recording I have the seconds of recording and then the length of total recording for instance 7/47 which I understand is 7 seconds into the recording of a 47 second long recording. And on Sentinel I see no way to show or manipulate recordings. Looking at Marks Scanner guide I do not see any directions about any of these features either so I'm just going to guess that Sentinel does not have capability. Still not quite sure what to make of some of this display, but now see more than I did.

Voyager

The 7/47 means it is the SEVENTH recording of 47 recordings. It only means 7 seconds if the first 6 were a total of 7 seconds long (very unlikely).

The 14-57-50 is the timestamp. 14 hours (2 PM), 57 minutes, and 50 seconds.

tampatracker

The 7/47 means it is the SEVENTH recording of 47 recordings. It only means 7 seconds if the first 6 were a total of 7 seconds long (very unlikely).

The 14-57-50 is the timestamp. 14 hours (2 PM), 57 minutes, and 50 seconds.

Unfortunately there was only ONE (1) recording made and that one I made to try to see what my scanner would show. Either I have a very defective scanner or you are incorrect in your analysis of what the 7/47 icon stands for. I do agree the 14/57/50 is the time stamp as that DOES correlate to the recording time.

Voyager

Good luck getting a better answer.

Maybe you only had one recording SESSION, but there are 47 individual recordings. You will see the first number increment as it plays each separate recording.

tampatracker

Good luck getting a better answer.

Maybe you only had one recording SESSION, but there are 47 individual recordings. You will see the first number increment as it plays each separate recording.

Okay, I get it now. The first numerical shown is the current recording being replayed then a slash followed by the total number of separate transmissions which were recorded in that session. I can see, says the blind man. Thanks for the explanation.

Voyager

You're welcome. There may be multiple transmissions on one recording if the replies came within your delay time.

tampatracker

You're welcome. There may be multiple transmissions on one recording if the replies came within your delay time.

Yes, there were, which added to the confusion. When reviewing the recording data on some sessions the numbers were not adding up. One more great feature of an already loaded unit. (Fan of Uniden).

Status
Not open for further replies.