1098 Headphone Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDaze

Did anyone else besides me get a 1098 (or a 1095) with a bad headphone jack? Stereo headphones or mono earplug, same result. Just a little burst of sound right at beginning of insertion, but nothing when plugged in all the way. Sound from speaker does cut off.

RadioDaze

Yeah, looks like a warranty job. The wife doesn't like to hear the scanner when we're in the car. For today, I'll use the speaker jack with an in-line volume control so I don't blow my eardrum.

Darn, and I finally just got the thing set up, with the Proclip vent mount for the head. I hope Whistler has a fast turnaround.

TAbirdman

Yeah, looks like a warranty job. The wife doesn't like to hear the scanner when we're in the car. For today, I'll use the speaker jack with an in-line volume control so I don't blow my eardrum.

Darn, and I finally just got the thing set up, with the Proclip vent mount for the head. I hope Whistler has a fast turnaround.
Ok stupid question time: After plugging in your headphones, did you try turning up/down the volume?

SCPD

QRT
Are you sure, its not set for data output?

Yes . Check your IF Audio Output options. Make sure that headphone is not selected.

Also make sure your headphone output is not on mute .. but that can be adjusted by the volume knob.

MichaelBhere

When the headphone is plugged ink you must use the Vol up or down button or volume up or down knob to set the headphone volume.
Be sure that you are not adjusting the squelch as the up/down button and knob can be set to default to squelch first.

The volume of the headphone is stored in memory separately than the internal speaker volume therefore they must be set when the headphone is first inserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.