Circulator Bus TGs/Freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanNora

Is anyone aware of what frequencies or talkgroups/systems the Circulator bus system is on? It doesn't seem to be on the WMATA P-25 system (nor have I heard their routes mentioned on the normal Bus TGs) which makes sense since it's a joint project between WMATA and DDot operated by First Transit. They don't seem to have TGs on the DC city P-25 system which is a bit odd considering the streetcars are on the system. If anyone could point me in the right direction or just point out the glaringly obvious on the site if I missed something, I'd be very appreciative.

beastieboy101

Is anyone aware of what frequencies or talkgroups/systems the Circulator bus system is on? It doesn't seem to be on the WMATA P-25 system (nor have I heard their routes mentioned on the normal Bus TGs) which makes sense since it's a joint project between WMATA and DDot operated by First Transit. They don't seem to have TGs on the DC city P-25 system which is a bit odd considering the streetcars are on the system. If anyone could point me in the right direction or just point out the glaringly obvious on the site if I missed something, I'd be very appreciative.

DC Scanning: DC Circulator Buses Using LTR PassPort System

Which FleetTalk system are they on? Don't know exactly.

OceanNora

Thanks for the help, I can't believe I missed that since I checked that blog. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the PassPort system been replaced by a TRBO?

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes, I confirmed that they were using Passport a few years ago on 496.8125. The repeater would have been out of Silver Spring. FleetTalk is moving to Connect Plus, but I'm not sure if the Circulator buses are using the Connect Plus system.

Best thing to do is hop on a bus and check it out. You may be able to use Close Call if they're still analog. (Close Call will not detect DMR input transmissions.)

Dave

OceanNora

Thanks, I think I'll do that once I'm back in DC. Am I correct in assuming however that a scanner wouldn't be able to pick up a PassPort system on close call, or would it only be unable to trunk track?

dtscho

Database Admin
Close Call would be able to pick up the input frequency (the freq that the bus is using) if they're using a Passport system. It would not be able to track the Passport system.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.