Repair address, which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7ckq

Interesting, I was reading the repair web page at Repair. There are two different instructions on addressing your package. following the instructions from the uniden repair request.doc Someone could send their radio to the following address.

Please Mail Product with this Request form to:
Uniden America: Parts Return Department
C/O Saddle Creek
743 Henrietta Creek Rd., Suite 100
Roanoke, TX 76262

Then reading on the main page. It has ATTN: REPAIR added to the bottom. So it would look like this.

C/O Saddle Creek
Roanoke, TX 76262
ATTN: REPAIR

So which one is correct? how long of a delay would that delay someones repair?

omrail

I would believe no delay. From what UPMan has said in another post the place is a small area. If you are sending a unit in for repair it would never hurt to add ATTN: REPAIR.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have an HP 1, that has damage to the gps connection.

what is the cost for the repair?

Thanks

$79.95 plus shipping according to the Uniden Repair page.

Voyager

Interesting, I was reading the repair web page at Repair. There are two different instructions on addressing your package. following the instructions from the uniden repair request.doc Someone could send their radio to the following address.

Please Mail Product with this Request form to:
C/O Saddle Creek
Roanoke, TX 76262

Then reading on the main page. It has ATTN: REPAIR added to the bottom. So it would look like this.

C/O Saddle Creek
Roanoke, TX 76262
ATTN: REPAIR

So which one is correct? how long of a delay would that delay someones repair?

That's a joke, right? It's the SAME address. :roll:

kd7ckq

You ever work in a mail room? One year at work we where static due to weather. Boss was trying to keep everyone busy. He asked for a volunteer to help the mail room guys. I volunteered. I quickly learned the importance of a properly addressed package in a govt. facility. It's the same address but if it is a facility. Yes, ATTN: line would have made a difference in where the package was routed. :roll:

Last edited:

Voyager

As UPMan stated in another thread, the ATTN line will delay your repair at most 10 minutes.

Your subject of "Repair address, which is it?"made it sound like there were two addresses posted.

Oh, and I make package shipments DAILY. If you want to make a case for something, let's make it significant - like PayPal requiring you to ship to an address USPS says is invalid. Now that is a valid issue (pun intended).

kd7ckq

Addressing packages daily? Now your joking, right? Addressing and Sorting are two completely different things.
If UPMan posted about the ATTN: in another thread. Then, I missed it when I did my search. It did bring like five pages or more in my search and I read thru most of them but not all.
Technically. they are the same physical address. Internally, depending on how big the facility is. The ATTN: routing could have a 10 min delay (As stated by UPMan, I am told) or longer as in days.
All I wanted to know, was which is the correct addressing to use to make sure a repair gets to where it needs to go without delay. if the ATTN: REPAIR is not significant. Why even put it up on the web page.

JoeyC

The addressee and intended recipient in this case is:

No "ATTN: to" with the same information is necessary...

D

darunimal

im sure you could put ATTN: BCDx36HP RECALL on it, now that may get your item shelved for a week but I don't think they would do that. or ATTN: RTC LED

Last edited:

kd7ckq

Listen guys. Maybe my post came off as a Bash Uniden thread. It is not. I hate all this bashing about the BCx36HP that is going on. If you bought it, Don't like, Not what you expected, Sell it, and move on. Lesson learned. Some people bring it up every chance they get. I on the other hand. while doing some research on sending a product in for repair. Came across the two different addressing formats. I was only wanting to know which is the correct format. That's It.

JoeyC

Since the address is just a warehouse/fullfillment site, I doubt putting ATTN:Anything will matter as long as you have the correct Suite, c/o and Addressee on the label.

Voyager

Addressing packages daily? Now your joking, right?

I actually said I ship packages daily, but no - not kidding. Well, only on M-F and most Saturdays - not Sundays or holidays, but practically every day.

As for missing UPMan's post, no biggie. Once I understood what you were asking I took your question seriously. As I said, it was the subject that threw me off.

That said, glad you got your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.