York County Convention Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know/hear what I'm hearing?

I've been hearing traffic on 1 unidentified channel in P25 Mode.

500.887500 MHz NFM with NAC 037

sounds like Police mostly, maybe a little EMS.

Closest result of RR search is Chester Co. but I'm definitely hearing York comms.

Any input would be appreciated :)

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
york county p-25 system

You are hearing one of the frequencies for the York County P-25 Safety system. Install the system in your scanner and you can find out who it is. Most stuff on their system in not encrypted and you can hear the comms with a few exceptions.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I have the system already programmed, never suspected that was what it was because I can't get the CC at home. So I can hear the voice channels though! Interesting.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
If you are hearing a single channel, you will hear the control channel if programmed correctly.. Harris systems use voice channels as control as needed. York's tx power is the same on all channels.. check your programming of the system

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
If you are hearing a single channel, you will hear the control channel if programmed correctly.. Harris systems use voice channels as control as needed. York's tx power is the same on all channels.. check your programming of the system

Thanks for the reply, Correct about the single channel. Have to disagree about checking my programming, As previously stated I have the system programmed in properly. The York System CC doesn't make the signal/decode cut FWIW at my home.
Have to walk up the hill; then it works fine, but I can hear the Voice Channels sitting at home.
Apparently the signal threshold is borderline on the CC. The decoding of the Voice Channels are more forgiving apparently with less signal in P25 Search mode.

The only reason I discovered this was because I was scanning the Chester Co Conventional Channels.
Chester County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Specifically the County Prison (Pocopson) Ch. with the Analog/Digital Search Enabled instead of 97.4 PL set.
The NAC and the references heard about York Co were what gave away what I was picking up. Never tried just scanning the P25 Trunk Channels Conventionally but it worked after I tried.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

I have also had a few instances where I could receive voice traffic if sitting on a digital TRS voice channel but was unable to receive the corresponding system control channel well enough to track the system. It happens. on the fringes.

Status
Not open for further replies.