OSHP Consolidated Dispatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsrailfan6130

I monitor the OSHP Findlay & Bucyrus districts and I am just wondering with the consolidated dispatching coming out, Can I assume that certain posts will just share talkgroups? By that I mean Findlay & Lima sharing a TG, something to that effect? Thanks.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
From what I know by working with OSP is that it will stay how it is as they already have consolidated dispatching. An example is Findlay dispatches for Lima as well but use separate talkgroups. I have read though that eventually all dispatching will come from Columbus but I would imagine all the talkgroups staying the same.

nsrailfan6130

See the way I understood it was both were sharing one TG and that's that. Okay thanks for squaring that out. Now that the Columbus dispatching is coming down the road, Are they planning on using relays to reach the different districts/regions throughout the state?

au1344

Premium Subscriber
They wouldn't use relays it would just affiliate with different sites on the marcs system as they do now

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

santafe2016

Does Central dispatching make any sense to anyone? How many times has dispatch at your local post tell a Trooper where something is? IDK if this would work as well, and will it eliminate staff? Can you imahine working as a dispatch with this new format and having to track calls from Columbus to Cincy to Cleveland/ Im sure it will be in regions kinda like now but the local familiarity will be gone.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Local familiarity has been gone for a few years in most places. District dispatching killed that. No idea now, but when it started many dispatchers were forced to transfer.

I don't know how often OSP officers transfer, but just from what one hears a lot of them are "lost' quite often.

Does Central dispatching make any sense to anyone? How many times has dispatch at your local post tell a Trooper where something is? IDK if this would work as well, and will it eliminate staff? Can you imahine working as a dispatch with this new format and having to track calls from Columbus to Cincy to Cleveland/ Im sure it will be in regions kinda like now but the local familiarity will be gone.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
The talk groups used can often be a result of the time of day and the number of dispatchers on duty.
At a really slow time there COULD be only one dispatcher at a location and then all units they dispatch would likely be on one TG. Most of the time there are more dispatchers and the units use the TG for the post they are assigned to.

Status
Not open for further replies.